Chapter Three: Troops on the dock

Jack's POV:

I saw a whole army come on deck. "Elizabeth," said a man taking the half naked girl into his arms and covering her with his coat. He looked to one of the guards who was holding her corset. He dropped it and pointed down to me. The commander or whoever pointed the tip of his sword towards me. "On your feet," He ordered. I slowly let the little lass go and stood with my hands showing. "Shoot him!" The man said in a wig. "Father! Commodore. Do really intend to kill my rescuer?" She said. I placed my hands together and nodded thanks to her.

Maria's POV:

When my breathing slowed I saw the pirate, Governor Swann, Elizabeth Swann, The Commodore, and a whole troop of guards. "I believe a thanks are in order," I heard Norrington say. Norrington stretched his hand out to the pirate. The pirate hesitated then took his hand. Suddenly Norrington grabbed his wrist and pulled his sleeve back. I slowly stood up and stood in the back ground. I saw a branded 'P' on his arm. "Had a brush with the East India Trading Company did we? Pirate?" Norrington said. The pirate winced probably remembering the pain. "Hang him," the governor says. The pirate looked at him as if to say shut it.

"Keep your guns on him, Gillette fetch some irons," Norrington commanded. He moved his sleeve up further to reveal a tattoo of a sparrow flying. "Well, well Jack Sparrow isn't it," Norrington said.

"Captain Jack Sparrow if you please sir," Jack said.

"Well, I don't see your ship captain." Norrington mocked.

"I'm in the market as it were," Jack said.

Jack's eyes shifted from the Commodore to me. That's when the Commodore's eyes fell on me. "Who is this your accomplice?" Norrington asked. "Actually I saved her life," Sparrow said.

I looked at him curiously. I knew who Jack Sparrow was. His reputation was known all over the Caribbean. I wouldn't have thought that he would have saved my life. "What's your name girl?" Norrington asked. I didn't bother to say anything. "Can you not speak?" The Commodore said. "Commodore, she had a bit of a fright I don't think she is too keen on talking," Jack interjected. They moved onto what Sparrow had on him. "You are without a doubt the worst pirate I ever heard of," Norrington said. "But you have heard of me," Sparrow said.

Norrington grabbed Sparrow and dragged him towards Gillette who was behind the troops. "Commodore I really must protest," Elizabeth said following after them. I carefully followed wanting to see if there was any chance I could escape. "Pirate or not this man saved mine and this woman's life," She said. Elizabeth dragged me in front of Norrington. I kept quiet. "Is this true young lady?" the governor asked. "Yes," I said. I would have said aye, but I didn't want to arouse suspicion. "One good deed is not enough to redeem a life time of wickedness," The Commodore said ignoring my words. "But it seems enough to condemn him," Jack called. "Indeed," Norrington said.