Chapter 16

I took off across the desert, my alt form's tires tearing through the sand as I headed towards the pyramid that hid the sun destroying device. The Fallen and my sire were perched atop it, tearing away the bricks to reveal the top of the device, before they could get any further I attacked. I had no real plan beyond getting my sire to aid me, probably dooming us both.
"What are you doing you pathetic femme?" The Fallen asked as he snatched me up from where I was firing on him. He held me up as I struggled.
"You smell like a Prime" he growled
"Must be the insane courage to attempt this" I said, shooting him directly in the face, his grip loosened and I struggled to escape the claw like fingers. I attacked him again but he defended himself easily, throwing me off the pyramid and jumping down after me. I landed on the ground and rolled, The Fallen pursuing me, running his spear through my shoulder, the metal tearing as he riddled me with bullets. I screamed and he put his foot on me, pressing me into the sand.

"Sire, help me" I begged, The Fallen looked up from where his foot was holding me to the ground. Megatron looked between us; he was scared, I realised, scared of what his master would do if he betrayed him.
"This" he looked down at me in disgust "half-Prime creature is your sparkling?" Still Megatron remained silent, he wasn't going to do anything, I realised with a start, he was too afraid.
"Oppi" I murmured "it's okay, it's okay" The Fallen ground his heel into my wounded chassis, forcing more Energon through the rents in my metal, I cried out in pain.
"For Primus's sake" Starscream yelled, landing beside us "don't let Shadow die for this fragging afthole" The Fallen rounded on Screamer, lunging towards him.
"The nerve of you, insubordinate little-" he was interrupted by my sire, who grabbed him around the throat and fired his cannons into his chest.
"I'm taking command of the Decepticons, and you will release my sparkling at once!" Megatron demanded, courage restored once he saw he wouldn't be facing his master alone.
"Bah you pathetic fool, you think you can take me?"
"It's three on one" I said, getting to my feet
"You're half dead, half-Prime. I am the original Decepticon! You cannot defeat me!"
"Don't need to" I told him, grinning despite the pain and the Energon still leaking down my chassis "just weaken you for when Optimus arrives"
"The last Prime is dead you stupid femme" I was fading fast, just standing not even doing anything but I needed to weaken The Fallen as much as possible. After being just revived Optimus couldn't be at his peak, it would be easier if all he had to do was strike the final blow. I charged at The Fallen, my sire cursing my stupidity as he followed me into battle against his master.

The three of us fought in harmony, harrying The Fallen from all sides. That wasn't to say we were defeating him, quite the contrary it was taking all our combined effort to protect ourselves from him. I could hear the sound of the main battle raging behind us but I couldn't waste enough effort to figure out what was happening. Sam better have been right about the Matrix being able to resurrect Optimus or else the three of us were done for.

"Shadowfire! Get back!" I turned toward the voice, in my distraction I missed the blow The Fallen threw my way. I was knocked to the ground as Optimus charged The Fallen.
"Die! Like your brothers!"
"They were your brothers too"

I struggled to my feet, taking a step towards the pair of Primes fighting to kill each other. I fell to my knees, frame incapable of supporting me.
"You've done all you can my sparkling" Megatron said, resting a hand on my shoulder "I'm proud of you" he smiled "you mean the universe to me sparkling"
I glanced up at him, seeing his optics glittering with his love.
"Oppi" I grinned
"You did well Shadow" Screamer said, joining the pair of us. Everything was good, my sire was safe, Screamer was safe, Optimus was alive which meant Sam and Mikaela were safe too.

"If I go down, you go down with me traitor!" The Fallen yelled, turning his back to Optimus, who struck the killing blow just as The Fallen fired his cannons towards us.
"No" I screamed, the bullets striking my sire "no!" Megatron fell backwards, tumbling into the sand, a hole as wide as my helm in his chassis.
"Optimus" I screamed "The Matrix! Bring him back!"
"He is not a Prime"
"I don't care! Bring. Him. Back!"
"I can not"
I screamed in rage, half lunging towards Optimus, not knowing what I was doing but needing to do something. I fell into the sand by the remains of my sire, optics disengaging, my vision fading to blackness as I bled out beside Megatron.