Chapter 5

"I seriously have to do this don't I?" Mikaela asked me, groaning.
"Yes you do, just get in and find the glasses. I'll be outside with my car, text me when you need to go"
"Will do, the Autobots so owe me for this"
"Hey, Trent" Mikaela called, sidling up to her soon to be ex boyfriend, reaching up and pulling his head down to kiss him. 
"Mikaela" he said once she pulled away.
"Can I come over to your place? You know, to make it up to you for ditching you at the lake?" He made a sordid face and I shuddered.
"And you're gonna really make it up to me aren't you babe?" He smirked
"Yeah babe of course I will" she batted her lashes at him and pursed her lips.
"Come on" he said, almost dragging her to his car, which honestly wasn't that impressive compared with Ironhide. I climbed inside my alt form and followed them to Trent's house, making sure to stay far enough back that I wouldn't be suspicious. Kayla and Trent disappeared inside his house. Fifteen minutes later she texted me saying she found the glasses. The front door slammed open.
"Oh and Trent?" Mikaela yelled back at him "I'm breaking up with you!"

She hopped into my alt form and I sped away.

::Shadowfire to Optimus:: I still haven't really gotten the hang of my actual name but I suppose it makes for a better commlink connection, reducing the static.
::Reading::
::We have recovered the glasses, heading towards your location::
::Acknowledged::

Mikaela screamed and I brought my attention back to my surroundings. The police car Decepticon was charging at us in his full form. I tore off down a side street.
::Shadowfire to Optimus, come in Optimus::
::Reading, what is it?::
::We've been attacked by a Deception::
::I'm sending reinforcements now, it'll be a while until we get to you, you may need to transform and defend yourself::
::Only as a last resort::

I don't want to have to transform, I didn't want any other humans to know, I didn't want to risk becoming a government experiment. The con chased us and I weaved between lanes and streets.
"Wow you're such a good driver" Mikaela said
"Not a good time for compliments Kayla" I said, concentrating on escaping the con. He reached down and lifted me into the air. Mikaela screamed. Frag it all, now I don't have a choice. My holoform disappeared and Kayla screamed again.
"Calm down okay?"
"Leah?! Where are you?"
"You're in me" I snapped, beginning to transform. She began falling towards the ground, screaming again, but I caught her and set her down. I turned and met the con's charge head on. I tackled him to the ground, leaping up and dodging a barrage of bullets. I engaged my cannons and fired back.
"Slag!" I yelled, seeing another con approaching. I froze when it transformed.
"Wait! I know you!" The face was familiar to me, and I knew I'd seen it before.
"Starscream" I said, startling the con.
"Barricade fall back" he ordered, approaching me "how do you know my name femme?"
"I've seen you before, as a Sparkling"
"As a Sparkling!" He scoffed "never" he studied me again "wait, purple optics? Shadowfire?"
"Yes!"
"Autobots roll out!" Optimus ordered, appearing on the scene.
"Frag you all!" Starscream yelled in frustration, ordering the other con to retreat and disappearing.
"Shadowfire are you all right?" Optimus asked once the cons disappeared.
"Yes"
"Well I'm not!" Mikaela screeched, I startled, having forgotten she was even here "first off my best friend transforms into a giant robot! To fight another giant robot! Then a third giant robot shows up and they know each other and start talking and then you all show up!"
"What does she mean know each other?" Optimus asked me.
"I recognised the second con, Starscream"
"You must remember him from your time with Megatron" Optimus said
"I know that name"
"He's the leader to the Decepticons, he kidnapped you when you were a Sparkling" I tried to remember but I couldn't.
"I do have vague memories of the Decepticons, but they're not bad. Starscream was really nice to me, and so was this other con; red eyes, silver?"
"That's Megatron, they were probably just treating you decently because you were young" he dismissed it. I didn't think it was that simple though, from what I'd been told of the Decepticons they wouldn't treat a Sparkling well unless there was a reason.