Chapter 2

My recharge was interrupted by the annoying buzz of my mobile phone. I engaged my holoform to answer.
"Leah!" Sam yelled from the other end of the line "I have my $2,000 and have 2 A's"
"Good for you" I groaned
"Oh, we're you asleep?"
"Yes" I snapped
"Why? It's 12 o clock on a Sunday"
"I was up late celebrating with my parents" I replied
"Why?"
"My mum's pregnant"
"Cool, you're gonna be a big sister"
"Yeah, anyway were you calling just to tell me you earned the money?"
"Yes, and no. Will you come over and help me with my history speech? It's tomorrow"
"Sorry I'm going to Mikaela's already, I'll read your speech in the morning before school okay?"
"Sure, put in a good word for me will you?"
"Yeah" the call disconnected and I set an alarm before drifting back into recharge.

_____________________

I idled at a traffic light, bored out of my mind. A police car pulled up next to me and every servo snapped to attention. I turned to stare at the car, the driver staring at me in return. There was a strange symbol on the car and with a jolt I realised I'd seen it somewhere before. An image of a grey mech with red optics rose from my memory banks, the strange symbol etched on his helm. There was something I recognised about the vehicle, it almost seemed like it wasn't a regular police car. The person inside almost seemed like a holoform, but that couldn't be possible. I'd never actually met another cybertronian, and didn't know what I should do. I couldn't very well ask in case it was a regular human. The light turned green and the car raced off. I shrugged, even if that had been another cybertronian I couldn't chase after them, I had somewhere do be.
Putting the strange encounter out of my mind I soon forgot about it as I arrived at school.

"Sorry I couldn't come over yesterday" I apologised.
"No problem, did Mikaela say anything about me?" Sam asked.
"Not particularly, we talked about Trent and once again I told her to dump him"
"Why is she still with that idiot?" He grumbled
"I think she wants to get his car in the divorce" I joked, Sam laughed. He handed me the draft of his speech.
"This is pretty good" I admitted "except for the bits trying to sell your granddads stuff. You can not do that Sam"
"Come on it's not that-"
"Yes it is, not only is it disrespectful, guaranteed to make you a laughing stock, it will also cost you your A"
"Fine I'll take it out" he agreed, but I could tell from his voice he had no intention of doing so. Ugh, boys. I groaned.
"Anyway, text me if you get the A" I told him.
"Will do" he assured me before we went our seperate ways.

_____________________

"I got an A!!" Sam yelled into my ear, I held the phone away from me slightly so I wouldn't be deafened.
"That's great Sam, so did you get a car?"
"Yeah I did, it's a yellow camaro. It was so weird right, my dad took me to this crap car yard, and the guy wouldn't sell me the car for $4,000. And the car door opened all on its own and hit the car next to it, then it's radio went crazy and totally shattered all the windscreens of the other cars. I got it for $4,000 after all"
"You're right that's so freaky, can I come over and see your car?"
"Yeah of course, I'm going to the lake party tonight, will you be there?"
"I wasn't planning on it but maybe. See you in a bit"

I scanned a new outfit, and told my parents where I would be before leaving. My house was only two streets across from Sam's so it took me practically a minute to get there.

"Hey Leah, this is Bumblebee" Sam said, proudly gesturing to his new car.
"Bumblebee?" I asked, Sam shrugged.
"It fits, and he's got a bee thingy hanging from his rear view mirror" I approached the car and stiffened. I felt the same feeling I did with that police car. Sam opened the drivers door and gestured for me to sit down. I did and could've sworn the car shivered like I did when someone sat on my seats. I traced the symbol on its steering wheel, suddenly assaulted by another memory. A blue, red and white mech with this symbol on his helm.
"I know that symbol" I whispered, the car seemed to hum beneath me, as if wanting to talk to me.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" Sam continued.
"Yeah" I agreed.
"So are you coming to this party?"
"I don't know" I said.

"Come on Barbie let's go party" Sam's car radio turned itself on, we were both silent for a second before we burst out laughing.
"Did your car seriously just do that?" I asked around my laughter.
"Yeah I think it did, see what I mean about this being a weird car?"
"Just think of it as having character"

My phone started ringing interrupting the conversation.
"Leah?"
"Yes mum?"
"You should come home, your dad and I need to talk to you"
"What about?"
"It's a family matter" she said and my eyes widened. That was our code for anything robot related. Hanging up I apologised to Sam.
"Sorry I have to go home, it's important"
"Oh, okay" he said, slightly disappointed.
"I'll see you later okay?"
"Yeah"

_____________________

"Something attacked a military base" my father explained "unfortunately the few images we do have are poor quality but it looks to be cybertronian"
"What? Really? What does this mean? How many people were injured?" I shot off rapidly.
"So far we don't know if there have been any survivors" my father said "I was meant to be there except I got temporary leave to celebrate Sarah's pregnancy"
"Wait, if you were meant to be there than that means..."
"That Epps was there" my father confirmed. Choking back a sob I was enveloped in my father's arms, the three of us holding each other as we mourned Epps.