MORATORIUM

[ Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra Peach Stealings Remix ]

It was as if everything shifted into slow motion, the men moving synchronously as they loaded their guns with silver bullets. You felt as if you were moving through a thick fog, sitting amidst the commotion that escaped your ears. How could you focus, when you were given one simple task that would make or break your life?

The Joker held your face and jostled it gently, his grill shining under the dim lighting of your room,"All you've gotta do is die for me, kitten. I'll figure out the rest. We'll be back together soon enough. But for now...

Batsy's gotta pay."

You swallowed and glanced down at your lap, the hard metal of the van floor almost bruising you as you shifted; vague yelling could be heard commanding others in the distance. When you closed your eyes, the only image you saw was your hands covered in blood.

Those crimson stains stayed on your hands and in your head, the image burned into the back of your mind. You clenched your fists, opening your eyes slowly as the men rushed into the vans. A calloused hand gripped yours loosely and your eyes trailed up the arm, meeting gazes with him.

The man who is sending you on a suicide mission. The man who kidnapped you. The man who tortured you. The man who hit you. The man who made your life so much more intoxicating.

His grill was revealed in a slow smile as his hungry eyes met yours,"Ready to go, pumpkin?"

You nodded weakly, shifting so that you took a seat in the back of the van. He hopped in and slammed the door behind himself, sliding next to you and loading his pistol.

Blood. You could feel the iron seeping into you, and you just wanted to take a shower and scrub and scrape it all off. You wanted the blood off of you. The vans drove and you jerked slightly, your eyes unfocused as you let them drive you to your death.

The Joker leant down, capturing your lips gently before pulling away a millimeter and gazing down at you,"You're going to be my hostage, and I'm going to use you as bait to draw Batsy out.

"If he doesn't show, well...-" His hands slipped up your sides to your waist as he smirked- "You'll be dead."

The vans had stopped a while ago in front of some abandoned warehouse and you sat limply as you were tied to a rusty metal chair, a blindfold harshly knotted around your eyes

The vans had stopped a while ago in front of some abandoned warehouse and you sat limply as you were tied to a rusty metal chair, a blindfold harshly knotted around your eyes. Darkness surrounded you, the sounds of guns cocking like the church bell at midnight. It signified that time was up.

- - - -
It felt like an hour had passed as you were left in near silence, the echoing of the Joker's voice resonating through the building.

Suddenly, a gloved hand rested on your shoulder and you froze, eyes wide open and desperately trying to see through the darkness.

"Who are you?" You whimpered, shrinking away from the touch.

A deep voice replied, a knife slicing at your restraints,"I'm here to help. I'm going to bring you somewhere safe."

Your chest tightened in anticipation and you ripped your blindfold off the moment your hands were free. You stood up weakly, turning around to face your savior. Your eyes widened.

"You're... You're Batman."

Standing there was the heavily armored vigilante, the Joker's arch nemesis, and his voice was fucking heavenly. Dear god, you needed to stop crushing on the crazies. Suddenly, you felt your skin crawling as a loud bang emitted from the floor below you. A gunshot.

Batman whipped his head to meet your gaze and he grabbed your waist,"Hold on tight."

You froze,"What? Why shoul-"

You screamed as Batman jumped out of the warehouse window, the cold evening air whipping at your face as you squeezed your eyes shut. Oh god, you felt like you were going to throw up. He landed with a jolting stop, and you could hear the Joker screaming at his men from inside the building as Batman led you to sit inside the Batmobile parked on the street.

You frowned. J's plan was ruined, so did that mean you weren't ever going to see him again? You wanted freedom, but you never wanted separation.

- - - -
[ Joker's POV ]

"Make sure the cameras are set up so that we can broadcast the deal on every device in this fucking city. Batman is going to trade that serum in for my cute little prisoner, but we're going to use a decoy. I've got that one set up. Bats won't touch the prisoner until I get the serum, but he won't get what he wants out of the deal."

The Joker smirked, rubbing his hands together. His sexy little victim is going to be his forever, he was not letting that shitty hero wannabe take 'em. He suddenly hear murmurings from the men and he scowled.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Can you not be quiet for one fucking-" He shot one of the men in the leg, running his tongue along his grill-"second?"

The man yelped in pain, collapsing to the ground. One of the men stepped forward, and the Joker grinned.

"So, you wanna get shot too?"

"No sir. A few of us heard sounds and speaking coming from the prisoner above. We believe they are trying to escape."

The Joker barked out a laugh,"Oh, you're hilarious! What's your name, kid?"

"Jackson." He replied firmly, refusing to make eye contact. Joker tilted his head, eyes widening as he grinned widely.

"Do you wanna get on my fucking bad side, Jackson?"

"No sir." He curtly replied.

The Joker patted his cheeks and pursed his lips,"Good boy. Now go check on-"

"BOSS THE BAT IS HERE!" One of the men yelled, loading his gun,"HE'S GOT THE PRISONER!"

The Joker licked his lips and clenched his fists, slamming an extra cartridge into his pistol.

"Daddy's gonna fucking blow that Bat's brains out. Just you wait, kitten."