VOCIFERATION

I want to make sure all of you readers know that I in no way condone abuse or abusive relationships. The Joker and Harley Quinn have an unhealthy and toxic relationship. If you ever need to talk to anyone about anything, personal message me on Wattpad and I will get back to you ASAP. Call 911 if you are being physically abused in any way. I cannot reiterate how imperative it is to put your health above all, and anyone, else. Stay safe and don't hesitate to ask for help.

PANIC ATTACK TRIGGER WARNING

Just as soon as he left, two large men in black suits came into the bathroom. One held an unlocked pair of handcuffs, and the other held a gun. Somehow you knew even if that man didn't have a gun, you'd be strangled to death if you even thought about escaping. You glanced away from the pair, an unfamiliar sense of submission taking over you as they stared you down.

Within moments you were cuffed and tightly blindfolded by fabric that was previously concealed. You winced as you were jerked upright and dragged out of the bathroom, crying out in pain as your feet dragged behind you. You were suddenly shoved into a chair, the familiar feel of a wooden chair bringing back memories of eating dinner around a table, light laughter and the warm feeling of being surrounded by friends.

That feeling was erased as soon as the blindfold was harshly ripped off, reopening a gash on your temple. You winced, clenching your jaw and staring down at your handcuffed wrists. Quiet maniacal laughter filled the room, and curiosity got the better of you. You lifted your head weakly, and what laid before you was a sight to see.

The white walls around you were spray painted with the similar fresh tattoo you had over your heart; the plain HAHAHA! sent a chill down your spine as the simple design overlapped and varied in size, as if the paint job was frantic and rushed. Like it had a deadline. The white carpet was littered with knives, guns, tools, and mixed items. Baby clothes, hairbrushes, shoes. All of them were arranged to point to the center of the room, as if they were poised to strike.

And in the middle of the circle was none other than the Joker. You swallowed weakly, your mouth becoming dry. He stood up from his sitting position, bare-chested and sporting only sweatpants that had the word ARKHAM printed crudely on the side of the leg. Your breath became erratic as he stepped one bare foot forward on the carpet, staring at you like you were a piece of meat. You could feel yourself becoming unraveled, picked apart piece by piece by his gaze in the dim light.

The henchmen behind you gripped the back of your chair and you squirmed, whimpering.

"What do you want... What do you want with me? Why me?" You whispered, the man's eyebrows shooting up in surprise as he bore the silver caps on his teeth in a crude grin.

"You are going to be my lovely test subject. You see, Batsy and I haven't..." He gestures noncommittally, smirking,"Well, been on the best terms in the past. He-"

He jabs you in the chest and you wince, afraid to look away from the Joker's intense gaze. "He stole my toys, and I want them back."

He traces his fingers under your chin, smiling seductively and slipping behind your chair to lean down so his hot breath fanned over your face. "You're going to be my little plaything... You'll be a good little pet, won't you?" He pleaded, eyes begging and his bottom lip poking out slightly.

You froze, eyes wide. Flashes of purple gloved hands, knives, screams of agony, blood dripping onto the floor.

Your breath quickened, heart rate speeding at an unnatural rate as you felt your chest constricting as your airflow felt like it stopped completely. Your eyes grew dark and the light seemed distant, a feeling of panic washing over you as you remembered the pain. The torture.

You could hear people speaking, but your head felt light and everything blurred. Everything was gone but the feeling of absolute terror remained. You were alone, with no one to help you. You wanted your family. You wanted your friends. You wanted to be left alone. You wanted to go back to your boring life!

The feeling of hot tears streaming down your face woke you up from the panic attack, and you jolted upright from your position laying down. Laying down? You rubbed your eyes and sniffled, trying to slow your breathing and heart rate. You opened your raw eyes, still blurry from the tears. You felt something soft underneath you. What was it, silk?

You rubbed your eyes with the palm of your hand and blinked a couple times, adjusting to your surroundings. You were on an enormous bed with silk sheets, placed perfectly in an also enormous bedroom decorated with maroons, purples, and black. You glanced down at your clothes and frowned. You were wearing a white button-down shirt that smelled faintly of a familiar cologne, and you held the collar up to your nose and closed your eyes. You took a deep breath and smiled, an amazing smell overwhelming your senses.

"I see you enjoy my cologne."

You jumped, eyes wide as you scrambled backwards in the bed towards the pillows. There he was in the doorway, half-naked and smiling teasingly like you had just put on a show. You flushed, covering yourself up.

"It- It's not like that. Please, I- Please let me have my clothes back."

The man bit his lip and shut the door behind himself, a hungry look in his eyes as he walked closer to the bed. You scooted away, your mouth becoming dry as your breathing sped up.

He took a turn and headed towards a dresser, pulling something out and shutting the drawer. He tossed a purple gift bag on the bed towards you, and you glanced between the bag and him. He stared numbly at you, his hands in his pockets. Your eyes darted down towards the bag and back to him, reaching out cautiously and taking the bag.

"Is this for me?"

The man nodded and smirked, walking towards the door. You frowned, your eyes tracing the outline of every tattoo on his back.

The Joker stopped walking, glancing back at you.

"You should really get those panic attacks checked out, baby."

Your eyes widened. So you had a-

"I was scared to death."

A single smirk, and then he was gone.