MACABRE

You made your way back to the bedroom The Joker had provided for you, the quiet click of the clasp sounding as you closed the door behind yourself. You glanced around the room, frowning at the expensive furniture and decor. A flash of purple caught your eye in the sea of red, and you smiled, walking over to the purple gift bag you almost forgot that your kidnapper had given you.

You picked up the bag, a slight weight to it as you sat on your bed to unwrap the packaging. You lifted the purple wrapping paper and smiled, another note scrawled on a Joker playing card. This guy really did like theatrics, didn't he? His... Almost humane way of acting made you nearly forget the awful shit he had done to you. Nearly.

On the card in black pen, the note read:

For you, so people know who you belong to. -J

You flushed, your heart rate stopping in your chest as you lifted up the metal choker, spelling out JOKER'S in big gold letters. You crinkled your nose, frowning. Who the hell did he think he was? You weren't a dog.

You tossed the necklace back in the bag and threw the gift bag aside, flopping back on the bed. You stared up at the scarlet ceiling as you folded your arms across your stomach, a frown slipping onto your features.

Did your family and friends miss you?

Was everyone moving on without you?

What had it been... Four days? Was anyone looking for you? Did anyone even notice that you were kidnapped and tortured?

Your fingers drifted up over your heart, gently tracing the outlines of the scabs that crudely read HA HA HA!. You winced, your arm dropping back down onto the comforter. The soreness in your arms was fading slightly, but you could still hear that man laughing when the lights turned off. You curled onto your side, squeezing your eyes shut and gripping one of the throw pillows tightly.

Maybe if you wished hard enough you would be able to go back in time.
- - - -

You woke up with a start, the sound of a piano playing a distant resonance down the hall. You groaned, rubbing the sleep away from your eyes as you stood up. You glanced out the window, the night sky greeting you as a small smile slipped onto your face. However odd these few days have been, you've seemed to find unusual times where a calmness fell over you.

You opened the door to your room, glancing down the massive hallway. The city lights shine through the massive picture windows, the open panes letting a gentle breeze inside. The sheer curtains drifted gently, creating an almost dreamscape through the hallway. The lilting sound of a piano became slightly louder, and you couldn't help but let your curiosity get the better of you. You travelled down the hallway, a crack of light slipping through an open door frame.

You peeked inside, the hum of the piano drifting away. Sitting at a grand piano was the Joker, his tattooed fingers sliding gracefully over the keys. He only wore his Arkham sweatpants, the ink of his tattoos faded in the dim lighting of the room. You held your breath, stepping back slightly away from the door. You could see him dipping his head to the song and you frowned, rubbing your arm.

There were so many sides to that man. There was his criminal side, when he tortured you; there was his soft side, when he gave you compliments and acted like a human; and then there was his crazy side, where he was possessive, and manic, and... Frankly terrifying. You knew that you hated his criminal side. You knew that you liked his soft side. But his crazy side, you weren't so sure about that. You glanced down at your feet, your heart sinking in your chest as you realized all of this was fake.

You were a pawn in his game.

The silence of the piano keys spoke louder than the chords, your gaze trailing over towards the stand on the piano where a golden pistol laid silently in wait. For what, you didn't know. But somehow you knew there was a bullet somewhere in this mansion that had your name on it. Your hands dropped to your sides as you glanced back at the man who sat in silence, his back to you as his hands rested, unmoving, on the keys.

You walked back towards your room, shutting your door quietly and resting against the wood. You frowned, staring at yourself in the full body mirror across the room from yourself. There were bags under your eyes, and a couple scabs still hadn't healed on your face. You looked thinner than you had been before.

You tilted your head to the side, your jawline more pronounced now that you had spent the past four days being malnourished. Now that you thought about it, you still hadn't eaten dinner. You sighed and gripped your stomach, the realization hitting you like a truck as your insides gurgled in protest. You wondered if Jackson was still here?

The purple gift bag rested on your nightstand, and a small smile drifted onto your face as you imagined the look of horror your friends would give you if they saw you wearing that stupid gold necklace.

A small knock sounded from the door and you jumped, turning around and backing up slightly. You were about to tell whoever it was that they could come in, when the door opened to reveal that man.

You froze, eyes wide as you were brought back to the torture. He stood a bit taller than you, his dark eyes staring you down as he stood there - shirtless and donning three gold chains around his neck - staring at you as if you were the most delicious piece of meat he had ever seen. You swallowed, shuffling back.

"I, uh-"

He smirked, shutting the door behind himself. Your heart rate sped up, your breathing becoming erratic as you realized there was no escape. You couldn't do anything. If he were to decide to torture you right here, right now, there would be nothing you could do. You weren't strong, the most you could do was-

"Did you enjoy it?" He slurred with a grin, his arms crossing over his pale chest. You furrowed your brow, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Did I enjoy what?"

The man took a step forward, the scent of gunpowder and cigarettes and something absolutely wonderful filling your senses. He smirked, his thumb reaching up to brush over your lips. You shuddered, swallowing as you felt your heart rate pick up with fear.

He leant down to your ear, his hot breath fanning over your neck as he whispered,"That kiss. You know it's not nice to steal things from people when they're asleep..."

You blinked rapidly, your mouth feeling dry as you fumbled for words,"I didn't- What I meant- I thought-"

He sneered and gripped your jaw painfully tight, a small whimper slipping from your lips as he held your face stationary. You closed your eyes, your hands gripping The Joker's forearm to attempt to pry him off.

You felt your body relax as soft lips were pressed to yours, the toxic feeling of his touch making your arms slip down to his sides. The sweet yet tangy smell of cologne filled the air, and the contact was lost. Your eyes drifted open, only to see The Joker shutting the door behind himself.

You frowned, touching your lips. Was this how it was going to be?

Were you doomed to be his toy to play with whenever he pleased?

You frowned and slipped into bed, the nap from earlier resulting in you being wide awake despite the cloud-like mattress. You sighed, closing your eyes and attempting to fall into slumberland.

But somehow, the only thing you though of was his big smile and those strong hands.