four

"he said he wanted to get away," yoongi said. "can we do that for him? just once?"

"what does that imply?" jungkook's hands were shaking. they always were. "does that mean you want to leave? an impromptu getaway, impromptu trip to nowhere?" a beat. "cause in that case, i'm in."

"we can all figure something out. this is important to tae, we can work it out for him." seokjin smiled. "when do we leave?"

taehyung rubbed his eyes, waking up after an hour or so of sleeping.

"tomorrow," he mumbled. "can we leave tomorrow?"

it was only a bit of hesitation before seokjin, namjoon, and jimin nodded in literal unison.

"we meet here tomorrow at noon, and we drive away in seokjin's truck," yoongi grinned.

"drive where?" jungkook's eyes were wide open, the eye bags beneath accentuating his brown orbs, lit up with excitement.

"anywhere. away. nowhere."

namjoon sat back. "how about we drive straight to hell? that's where we're all going in the end anyways."

seokjin smirked. "yeah, hell sounds great, joon. let's just burn in the darkness with satan for all of eternity. wouldn't that be an amazing trip to nowhere."

"so tomorrow? here? at noon?" yoongi clarified.

taehyung smiled, the bruise across his face following the crinkle of his left eye. "yeah. in the trainyard at noon. and we're going on a trip with no plans. we just drive straight ahead."

° ° °

it was half past noon when seokjin started the truck, and they were off.

they were seven crazies in a blue pickup truck driving to somewhere they liked to think of as nowhere.

and it was beautiful.

"this is fucking insane," jungkook said. "but it's also the most badass thing i've done in my fifteen years alive, and that feels fucking amazing."

"didn't you get drunk with us a few months ago?" hoseok smirked. "you did that illegal shit called underage drinking, and running away with us is the most badass thing you've ever done?"

"that's not badass. that's just bad," jungkook retorted. "i've done a whole lot of plain bad in my life. badass is different."

they drove for a few hours before reaching a little town, its streets filled with outdoor markets.

after finding a motel room and getting some fast food to satisfy their stomachs, they sat down in their motel room with the cheap ice cream they'd bought at a stand on the streets, all wrapped up in blankets and pillows.

"where do we go tomorrow?" jimin asked.

"let's drive straight ahead the way we'd been going before," taehyung said. "and get as far from seoul as we can."

"my parents keep calling me," jungkook muttered. "do i pick up?"

"pick up. and then yell at them when they tell you to come home," yoongi said. "we all know they're always bitching at you. they deserve some bitching back to them."

jungkook scoffed and got up, sliding his finger across his screen as he went to the bathroom to take the call.

they could faintly hear him talking. there were blurbs of sound every few seconds before he was interrupted midsentence by his mother.