Chapter 18

The moon was high up, and the patrol was asleep. Silverpaw was sleeping peacefully, until the movement of Sparrowpaw's legs awaked her. Silverpaw tried moving, but she was between Sparrowpaw and Rosepaw. Silverpaw sighed seeing she won't be moving for a while, and decided to sleep in the position she's in.

A bit later, Silverpaw felt a paw touch her flank. She groaned and turned away. The paw then shook her more, and she quickly got up. She saw Wetpaw and Sparrowpaw up, and was trying to get Silverpaw up.

"Hey." Wetpaw whispered. Silverpaw groaned and turned away. Wetpaw glared and shook Silverpaw again. Silverpaw groaned and turned away again. Wetpaw groaned. "What's wrong with this apprentice?" She asked.

"I don't know." Sparrowpaw asked. Wetpaw rolled her eyes. Wetpaw tried shaking her again, but nothing still. Sparrowpaw looked at Silverpaw and decided to wake her up by giving her a lick on the cheek. Silverpaw then got up and hissed at the brown and cream warrior. "Now your up." Sparrowpaw said giving a smile.

Silverpaw glared and pressed her nose on Sparrowpaw. "Do not! And I mean do not! Wake me." She growled.

Wetpaw snickered. "Well, now that you're up. I saw something just earlier." Wetpaw explained. Silverpaw glared at the older apprentice.

"What is it?" Sparrowpaw asked.

"Follow me." Wetpaw said as she ran off. Sparrowpaw and Silverpaw looked at each other and followed Wetpaw. The two cats followed the grey she-cat at night, but the two kept looking back incase someone from the patrol was following them.

Silverpaw stopped in her tracks seeing there is a small river to swim. Wetpaw jumped in and swim to the other side of the bank. Wetpaw shook the water off her fur, and stared at the two apprentices. "There's a trail of rocks over there!" Wetpaw called pointing to the rocks on her left. Sparrowpaw then went to the rocks and carefully jumped on them. Sparrowpaw looked at Silverpaw still on the part of the bank he was on.

"Silverpaw! Come on!" Sparrowpaw called out. Silverpaw looked at the water, and felt a small breeze. As she closed her eyes, she leaped into the water. Silverpaw slowly opened her eyes to see she was swimming in the water.

"How could this be?" She asked herself. "I-I'm swimming." Silverpaw started to swim towards the bank. During the swim she didn't lift her head up, as she saw she felt presence swimming with her.

"You can do it." The voice said. Silverpaw lifted her head up, and came out of the water with some help from Sparrowpaw. Silverpaw took a few breaths and looked up to see a surprised expression on Wetpaw.

"Wow. That was amazing!" Wetpaw said. "I never seen a LightClan cat swim like that before." Silverpaw looked at the water and smiled.

"Yeah." Silverpaw whispered. "I-I I did!" Silverpaw smiled.

"Yeah! I must say for a LightClan cat, your great." Wetpaw said. Silverpaw smiled and the three continued on their journey.

"Come on we better go before sunrise and every cat knows where we are." Sparrowpaw said. Wetpaw and Silverpaw nodded and followed the young apprentice. As they were walking the apprentices started talking about their lives.

"So Suncloud died from a fox attack." Silverpaw said.

"That's right, Darkpaw and I saw it with our own eyes, it was horrible." Sparrowpaw said. Silverpaw looked down, and frowned.

"Silverstar, my father, trusted Suncloud more then Darkcloud our deputy of FreezeClan. He would of made a better deputy, a fine leader, but something happened moons ago." Wetpaw explained.