Chapter 4

Cover by Eclipsestar

The LightClan camp was filled with cats sharing tongues. The apprentices went to the elders and queens den to give the prey they caught. Two apprentices, Rosepaw and Tigerpaw decided to feed the elders, while Silverpaw and Snowpaw decided to feed the queens.

Silverpaw then gave a mouse to Squirrelflower and her kits Mousekit and Robinkit. The two toms went over to the mouse, but Mousekit looked at his former den mate nervously. "You can have it Mousekit. I'll eat as soon as I'm done." Silverpaw said. Mousekit smiled and shared with Robinkit.

Silverpaw went out of the nursery and went to join her sister, Snowpaw to eat their prey. Silverpaw and Snowpaw decided to share the pigeon the later caught. As they were eating, Snowpaw wanted to talk about what happened with her earlier, but wasn't sure how to start it, or how they'll react to it.

"Hey Snowpaw." Silverpaw said getting her sister out of her thoughts. "You okay?" She asked. Snowpaw went silent and looked down.

"Yeah I'm fine." Snowpaw said as she sighed. She looked at the pigeon seeing there was only a bit left, but decided to leave it for her sister to eat.

Silverpaw looked at her sister and decided to make her smile, since she was always the one who looked like she fell asleep with a thorn in her nest. "Are you sure? Is it the prey you captured?" She asked. "Because I remember how prey tasted fresh when we were kits now it tastes differently then I remembered."

Snowpaw giggled, she likes it when her sister tried to cheer her up. The two finished what was left of the pigeon, and decided to relax under the sun. Snowpaw sighed and smiled feeling the warm sun and the cool breeze blowing through her fur.

Snowpaw sighed remembering her experience from earlier; going into DuskClan territory and almost getting killed. "Snowpaw?" Silverpaw asked getting her sister out of her thoughts again. "What's going on?"

"W-Well." Snowpaw started. "I got lost after catching my prey, and I landed in DuskClan territory." Snowpaw explained.

Silverpaw stood up and look to check to see if her sister had any scratches on her pelt. "I see no blood." Silverpaw said looking. "Or any injuries."

Snowpaw sighed. "I'm fine!" She snapped. "He didn't even attack me!" He yelled. Silverpaw flinched, and then sighed seeing her sister is all right.

"That's good. I guess." Silverpaw said. Snowpaw sighed and knew her sister was just looking out for her, but sometimes her looking out is almost like a queen looking after her kit or a medicine cat checking after a young apprentice.

"Hello you two." Pineleaf said walking towards the apprentices. "I heard your conversation, and," He then looked at Snowpaw. "I'm glad your okay. Darkpaw was only an apprentice just a moon ago." He explained.

"So he's just a new apprentice like us." Silverpaw asked her mentor. But she was surprised when he shook his head. Silverpaw and Snowpaw looked at each other shocked.

"No, he and his brother were loner kits living near the territories, their parents died from a fox attack, and DuskClan decided to take them in." Pineleaf explain.

"Can a clan do that?" Snowpaw asked, not believing that the cat that she ran into was nothing more then just a loner.

"Well they were still kits when they were found almost three moons ago, and Shadowstar didn't want to leave them out here to die. After all they were just kits." Pineleaf explained again. The apprentice still wasn't convinced, but her sister understands.

"I understand, I mean no matter what, clan or not, kits are kits." Silverpaw said. Pineleaf nodded and smiled proud his apprentice understands.

Snowpaw looked down, and started to realize what she means, but they were loners they could of stayed loners or become kittypets. Either way she felt embarrassed of running away from a loner, if she knew before she met him she would of fought him.

"Anyways that's not what I was going to ask you about." Pineleaf said. The apprentices looked at him. "Tonight your going to do a protection patrol." Pineleaf said.

Silverpaw and Snowpaw tilted their heads in confusion. "Protection patrol?" They both asked at the same time.

"It's a patrol, Ravenstar made to protect the queens and her kits." Pineleaf explained.

"That sounds mouse-brained." Snowpaw said. "Why does Ravenstar do that? Don't the queens know what their doing." She said.

Pineleaf sighed. "Ravenstar has a reason for this patrol." Silverpaw and Snowpaw looked up. "Before Ravenstar became leader, someone took her kits." Silverpaw and Snowpaw's eyes widen in fear. "As of now we don't know if her kits are alive, or not. But this put Ravenstar to make a patrol to keep any kit from this clan from being taken away," Pineleaf looked down and then looked up at the sun now setting giving off an orange and yellow glow. "And won't suffer what Ravenstar had to go through."

Speaking of Ravenstar, Silverpaw then looked at Ravenstar now up at the setting sky. "Poor Ravenstar." Silverpaw whispered. "No cat should deserve it."

Snowpaw looked at her and felt bad, she would know how Petalclaw or Squirrelflower would feel if they lost their kits. "Did any other clan see anything the day Ravenstar's kits went missing?"

Pineleaf shook his head. "No, unfortunately it happened at night, someone attacked Ravenstar when she was asleep and when we found her, her ear was torn and the kits were gone." Pineleaf explained.

Silverpaw and Snowpaw looked at each other and both nodded in reply knowing they will do this for the sake of their clan. "That's great." Pineleaf said giving a smile. "You two, Ashclaw and Thornheart will be for the patrol tonight." Pineleaf then walked going to Ravenstar to confirm the patrols.

"What about you?" Snowpaw asked, stopping Pineleaf on his tracks.

"Me, Littlestorm, Ravenstar, Falconclimb and Tigerpaw will be the border patrol." Pineleaf said and walked to Ravenstar to confirm the patrols.