Final chapter-forever

That was three years ago,Helga and Arnold and the whole gang are in the 7th grade now. A lot of things have changed and a lot of people have changed. Lila and Stinky have been together for 2 years now after a lot of flirting. Helga's parents and her have gotten a lot closer and both parties are giving efforts to fix their relationship. Johnny calls the Pataki's every once and a while with threats,but they always call the police till they fell safe again.That's just some of the stuff that's been happening.

"Hey Pheebes"

Phoebe turned from her locker to greet her best friend,"Morning,H- Wow. You look great!"

Helga was wearing a pink dress down to her knees to show off her slender,smooth legs. I gold chain around her neck and a small jean jacket. Her hair was done but very in a very beautiful wavy style with a pink headband holding it back. The make up looked like it took forever to do. She looked both beautiful and sexy. Ever since her fashion days she had developed a sharper fashion sense ,but she was really trying today.

"Thanks Pheebs"

"Would there any be any particular reason you decided to dress up to day? Or any particular person?"Phoebe asked slyly.

"W-what? Who would I-"Helga stopped and Phoebe followed her gave. Walking toward them was Arnold. Over the years he got taller,just a couple inches over Helga,and it really advanced him in the looks department. Today he wore black jeans and white button down shirt,and man was he pulling it off,his normally wild hair was just a little more tamed today with his classic hat between it all. Helga could feel her heart beating,but she kept her grin on her face,she didn't want to look like how she felt.

Arnold walked past them and before he walked into the class room he turned to make eye contact with Helga. They just stared at each other for a couple seconds,Arnold grinned then winked at her. He briskly walked back in the room.

Once he was out of sight Helga fell on against the locker and sighed."I don't think I'll stop loving him"Helga said to Phoebe,but more to her.

"You should talk to him"

"What?!We broke up,remember?! I can't"

"You two are made for each other! If you were really done,then why did you BOTH dress up for your anniversary."

Helga turned to Phoebe eyes wide.

"Helga,I not an idiot. Of course I remembered."

Helga groaned and slid to the floor,"I'm such an idiot"

"No your not. You're someone who deserves to be happy and so is Arnold. You make each other happy,and the reason you two broke up is no longer a problem. What's stopping you?"

Helga staid silent for a minute thinking it over,but her facial expression didn't change."We need to get to class"Helga pulled her friend to the class room and the day began.

Math class went on as usual,but Helga's head wasn't on order of operation. All she thought about was Phoebe's question,"What's stopping you?". The truth was that nothing was,Helga didn't know why,but for some reason she couldn't bring herself to even look at Arnold. The thing was, he kept starring at her.

When math class ended,Helga didn't even wait for Phoebe,she was the first one out the door and the first in her next class. The day went on like that and almost all their friends noticed. They kept glancing towards them like waiting for the dramatic scene in a movie.

Lunch rolled around and everyone sat in the cafeteria and when Helga and Arnold didn't show up,where they might be and what they were doing became the talk of the school.

---------------------------------------------

Helga went to her locker to grab her lunch money."Helga,Are you coming?"Phoebe asked standing next to Helga's locker,"Sorry Pheebs,you go ahead I'll catch up". Phoebe shrugged and walked away ready to greet Gerald excitedly. Helga noticed how giddy she was and rolled her eyes,"love sick puppy"she thought to herself,"just like you" popped into her head next. Even if she tried to ignore it,she couldn't ignore herself. Helga sighed and grabbed everything she needed and accidentally dropped her little pink poetry book. She could never stop writing it got her through her hardest times and her topic always seemed to match. Helga leaned done to pick it up,but before she reached it someone else's hand beat her to it. Helga put her hand over his before she could stop herself and a familiar warm wave wash over her and she already knew who it was.

Helga stood up and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear without looking down. "Th-thanks,Arnold" she choked out his name,he stood up and handed the book to her without saying a word. She grabbed the book quickly and their hands brushed against each other again making Helga pause. Arnold took his other hand and lifted her chin so they were eye to eye and closer then they had been a long time. They both stayed silent,Helga eyes were filled with fear,confusion and desire to complete the combo,but Arnold stayed expression less. Arnold finally broke the silence,"You're beautiful",Helga's face turned red and she was even more embarrassed because she could feel the heat."Not so bad yourself " she tried to sound as confident as she could but her voice and expression didn't match. It was easy for Arnold to tell,he grinned and gave a small chuckle,"Thanks. Do you mind if we get out of here? I really need to talk to you" Helga backed away and put the pink book in her locker and turned away from Arnold,"I don't know Arnold,we really shouldn't-"

"Please?" he interrupted,"god,I can't resist those puppy dog eyes"she thought. "Okay"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They walked out of the building,"So where are we going?" Helga asked trying to start a conversation,"It's a surprise"he responded," oh NO,Arnold,we aren't in forth grade anymore,you tell me where we're going or I turn around". Arnold laughed,"Same old Helga,I was thinking Burger King. Nothing fancy,just curios how you would resound."

"Great...So,how have you been?",it was a lame attempt at a conversation but it's all she had.

"Since you broke my heart? Pretty good" he said looking strait forward and a little peeved. Helga wasn't sure how to respond,normally she would have blown up at him but he had a point.

"Arnold,I'm sorry about what happened but I really tried to-"

"You know something? Even if someone let's you down easy it still hurts. Hurts like crazy"he said easy like it was a disgusting word,"So is this what you wanted to talk about? Make me feel bad about the break up?!"

they staid silent for a minute both fuming a little bit. Helga's face softened to look a little sad

"I thought we were past this..."Helga just about whispered loud enough for Arnold,and she stopped walking. Arnold toward toward Helga with tears in her eyes."so much happened. You think you're the only one hurting?!" her voice starting cracking."I was scared. I was finally with you,I was finally excepted and then everything changed. So much happened to try to split us up,and I couldn't lose...you"now she was sobbing facing her shoes. Arnold grabbed her arm and pulled her in,"You will never lose me. I'll never stop loving you". He pulled away and lifted his right sleeve and there was a pink bow. Helga laughed and tool off her jean jacket to reveal a blue ribbon,"We're such dweebs" she laughed tears still rolling down her cheeks. Arnold smiled and wiped away the tears and leaned in to kiss her."You're one beautiful dweeb" he whispered his super cheesy line and kissed her pationtly. Helga rapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. When they pulled away,they both knew this was it. Helga laughed,"Your so cheesy,but I still love you. Forever""Forever", Arnold repeated. Whatever the future held they will handle it and stay together. Forever.