I forgive you

Arnold didn't know what to do. Lila was kissing him. Before he could think he pushed her away,right into an empty table. She looked so shocked with tears starting to fill her eyes. Arnold froze,he was stuck watching Lila,on the ground,weeping. He couldn't run this time,but all eyes were on him and whispers were going around.

"I-I am so sorry Lila"he stuttered hesitantly running to her side,he held out his hand for his help,but just smacked it away.

"Get away from me Arnold!"she yelled as best she could with out her voice breaking. She stood up and looked around to see all the glaring eyes,"Stop staring,it's rude"she said sternly,of course being lady's and gentlemen they would never want to be rude.Then Lila turned back to Arnold,"I am sick and tired of being sweet and perfect and letting everything go.I am not a wound up doll! I want to be nice,and I want to be care free. BUT YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I SAID I LOVE YOU,AND EVERY MOMENT BEFORE THAT,YOU LIKED ME BACK! And now that I like you back you're just done. Are you trying to mess with me? Is this some stupid prank you and your friends decided to pull? Well, I'm done Arnold. I never want to talk to you again!" She yelled and stormed out of the restaurant. Arnold was about to chase after her,but he didn't need too. Just as he was about to take off,he noticed Lila had froze right outside the door.

Arnold walked towards her slowly hoping to see what had shocked her. When he finally made it to the door he saw what she was looking at."Helga....."he whispered.

Her hands where trembling and she was still standing at the window,not seeing what was inside,her mind was clouded with what she had witnessed. All she could think about the kiss she had watched him push her and her scream,but all was wrong and she was hurt.

Arnold watched her,feeling his world collapse with hers. He walked slowly towards Helga,not thinking about what he was doing. He reach Helga and was right next to her,but she still didn't even glance at him. All she wanted to do was run,but she couldn't control her own body. Suddenly she felt Arnold grasp her hand,that was a mistake. She turned to face them and tears fell down her face as fast as a race car and more kept coming. She screamed at the ones who hurt her,"WHAT THE HELL!". Her fist clenched but she staid in place,tears rolling down her cheeks but eyes fixed on Lila. Neither moved a muscle but they had enough communication with their eyes. Lila was so afraid of Helga right now and Helga showed sadness and anger,and her own bit of fear.

"Helga...."Arnold whispered.

Her head jolted towards him and she realized he was still holding her hand tightly."Let.Go."she said through clenched teeth,trying with every ounce in her body to not lose it.

"Helga"Arnold said in a pleading voice,

"Let go of me right now!" she yelled.

"I won't"he responded. Helga lost it. She pushed Arnold to the the ground and ran towards Lila."You knew! You knew I loved him and he may be mine! And you do this!"she screamed as she chased Lila.

"I'm sorry!"Lila screamed behind her,tears beginning to fall.

"Don't you dare start crying! You are NOT just some always innocent farm girl and you know it!"Helga yelled back.

Suddenly Lila stopped in her tracks,and taken by surprise so did Helga.

"I really did want to be your friend,but I have ruined that. I know I'm not little Mrs. Perfect,but I try.I don't even know how this started,pfft. I don't even know who wrote that on the brick wall that day. It obviously wasn't Arnold"Lila said and Helga listened. Arnold had been chasing them,too and was now standing behind them.

"I did"Helga admitted,looking at the ground realizing all that has been happening and how messed up things are.

Arnold was shocked,Helga had wrote that on the wall. But...why?

Helga turned to Arnold,"I told you I loved you,but that doesn't do it justice. Ever since that day.... the day I received kindness for the first time. I have been head over heels,I don't know what I am to you,but you saved me. Nothing in my world was right but you,and one of the many things I did just to express it,I wrote on the wall Arnold loves Helga. I wanted it to be true,I wanted to feel like it was true for one second.But then I heard those girls come and if they knew I wrote that and found out my secret,they might try to take away the only thing that make my crazy life worth living.I'm sorry,I started this...this mess"Helga said,it was obvious this had been building up for a while,she said it so fast but with so much sadness.

Arnold had no idea about this. He didn't know all this about Helga,and know she was opening up to him,and she was APOLOGIZING for it. He stepped closer to her with more confidence he had ever had.

"Don't apologize. Helga I do love you. I've loved you this whole time and I didn't know it. I'm ashamed it took this long to realize it. You're amazing and I don't know what I could do with out you calling me football head"

Helga gave a small giggle to that,"Nothing can come between us.All I want is to be with you."

Arnold leaned forward and kissed her.She rapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back,a tear fell from Helga's big blue eyes before she closed it.

They forgot Lila was there.Standing five feet away.Arnold would never be hers and she knew that know,and she was ashamed of what she did. She walked to the bench in front of the fountain and turned away. When they pulled away,Helga saw Lila sniffling in front of the fountain,"I should handle this one"she whispered to Arnold.He gave her a small smile and nodded.

Helga sat next to Lila and put her hand on her shoulder.Lila turned red and puffy eyed almost as much as Helga."I am so SORRY!"she said and hugged onto Helga. She was surprised that Helga hugged her back."I forgive you"she whispered.

____________________________________