Awkward Invite

"MOM!"Helga said in shock,"are you okay?"."Helga,dear,I'm fine. I just can't seem to find my-my...I can't seem to find Helga"Miriam said in her obviously drunk mother,"I am right here Mariam,let's get to bed",Helga took her mother's hand and basically dragged her up the stairs.They made it without them falling down the stairs so overall it was very successful.

Once Miriam was off to sleep Helga went to her room to think,so much had all just happened at once and she was so overwhelmed.Helga walked down the hall and collapsed on her bed not even greeting her Arnold shrine.She lay on her pillow and didn't think she just lay there.She let what all had happened today sink in.How Johnny yelled at her was more surprising than threatening now and she had decided that modeling wasn't worth it.Then it hit her,Helga and Arnold's kiss was going to be the front cover of so many magazines,she had to tell Arnold, but first she needed to take a relaxing walk.

________________________________________

Arnold didn't know what to do about Lila,he had to do the right thing and he knew it. At least he had Gerald and Helga.He was still standing in front of the phone trying to work up the courage to grab it.After standing there for about ten minutes his hand shot toward the phone and pressed in Lila number as fast as he could.

"Hello?"rang Lila's sweet voice,Arnold stomach sank and he regretted calling,but he had and he had do to it.

"Hey Lila,its Arnold"he said slowly

"Oh,hello Arnold"she said,her chipper voice replaced with a quiet and melancholy one instead.

"Sorry about earlier,I-"

"Why did you call me Arnold?"Lila interrupted him.

"We need to talk"

"I don't know,Arnold.I don't if I can"

"This is important.I really have to tell you this in person"

Lila sighed,"Very well Arnold.Where do you want to meet?"

Arnold hadn't thought about it,Lila wouldn't feel comfortable in a fast food place or any where common,she was to high class for that and it would just be awkward.

"How about Chez Paris?"

"All right Arnold"

"Don't worry I'll pay"he added

"Okay Arnold"Lila said quickly before hanging up the phone.

Arnold put down the phone and rubbed his aching head.He didn't know why he suggested Chez Paris,it was a special place to him and those special times weren't with Lila.But he had to do this right and he knew that the effort could soften the blow.Besides,Chez Paris brought him good memories and it would probably make him more comfortable.The more he thought about the perfect a place it seemed,but Helga should know.He went back to the phone and called.It kept ringing and he was about to give up because Helga never let the phone keep ringing.When someone picked up the phone,"Hello?"came a tired voice that Arnold assumed was Miriam,"Hello,this is Arnold,Helga's friend?"

"huh?Oh,yes well I-I'm not sure where she is at the moment.Probably hiding in her closet again or something"

"I'll look for her"

"can you tell her I called?"

"Who?"

"Never mind,thanks any way"

"Oh okay,good-bye A-aaa"Miriam said forgetting his name and trying to find it,

"Arnold,bye"Arnold hung up.

Oh well. She probably won't care. he thought to himself.It was more an excuse just to talk to Helga again.He grinned at himself and blushed a bit.Doing this would be hard,but it would be worth it,for Helga.

______________________________________