Lila crosses the line

Lila sat down at a table she had found near the window.Every inch of her was tight and tense.She had spent all the time between now and the phone call deciding what to wear.She had decided on a long light green dress and a thin gold chain with a a small gold heart charm on it.She had also worn flats,incase she had to run.She was so afraid,what Helga had said had helped,but her wound was still tender.

"Lila?"

the familiar voice reached her ears,it sounded really surprised.Lila looked up at him

"Hello Arnold"

Arnold had on a white T-shirt and jeans but he had worn a black tie for the occasion.

"Wow,you look really pretty"

"Thank you Arnold.You look just ever so once as well"she said with a small smile,trying to sound as normal as ever.

Arnold noticed how tense she was and tried to break the ice,"I promise I won't run this time",Lila gave a small giggle,but it was still a bit soon.Arnold sat down across from her then realized the table she picked was the same one as the one from the night he and Cecile's dinner.It was so amazing,and he felt a bit bad that Lila and him were there now.

He picked up his menu after noticing thats what Lila had done."What do you think you'll get?"he asked.

"I'm not sure,it all seems just ever so delicious"she answered sounding a bit more chipper.

"I don't come here often but I can suggest the steak tar-tar.That's what I'm getting anyway"

"Then I'll have that"Lila said closing her menu.

Once they ordered and gave back there menu's they fell into a bit of an awkward silence.

"So....did you hear about what happened to Sid and Stinky?"

"No,what happened?"Lila said intrigued

"Remember when Sid thought Stinky was a vampire?"

"I remember you telling me about it"Lila answered

"Well last week Stinky decided to prank Sid.I tried to stop him but you know Stinky."

Lila nodded taking in every word.

"Stinky went to the costume shop and got a vampire costume and hid in Sids locker.He was going to jump out and scare him once he made a trip to his locker after the bell rang."

"Oh my"

"But Sid was actually absent.Remember?"

"MmHmmm" she nodded,"His pet frog escaped and he had to find him.It was just ever-so sweet of him to be so loyal and trust worthy to such a.... creature"Lila said trying to sound a nice as possible when it came to frogs.

" I guess it was.So anyway Stinky was stuck in the locker all day and everyone thought he was helping Sid with his frog so no one noticed. After school the Janitor heard Stinky banging the locker and yelling for help.Of course the manager was so scared he called the police!"

"Oh my! I feel just ever so bad.''

"Why?"

"We should have looked for Stinky instead of just assume he was gone."

"It's okay Lila it isn't your fault at all"

"Thank you Arnold.Can I hear the rest of the story"

"Sure.So the police came.Only there were about six cars and a fire truck and the Newspaper.They thought some one had broken into school and that he had guns,because of the noises the Locker was making.They finally found the source of the noise, and they were all pretty shaken.They thought it was a bomb or something.When they opened the locker, Stinky jumped out and scared the pants off all of them.He hissed when he saw the light and a couple of the officers actually ran away."

Lila gave a small giggle,

"It was on the news.They told it better though.I am not that good at telling stories."

"You did just fine Arnold"

After the ice was broken they kept talking and it was really great and Arnold would tell her soon,while she happy and smiling. Everything was going so well till he noticed her light dimming.

"Arnold?"

"Yeah?"

"You can tell me what you wanted to now"

Arnold hesitated,"Lila,I don't want to hurt you."he said looking really sad and away from her eye contact.

"It's okay,Arnold"

Arnold felt something clasp over his hand on the table and looked to see Lila's hand over his.

"Lila,I really like you,a lot, but-"

Arnold was about to tell her,so he didn't notice her lean in and close her eyes.Before he knew what was happening,Lila was kissing him.