Chapter Nine: I already told you.

My shoulder creaked like and old door as my khaki bag swung low by my knees. My back was hurting again. I always got severe back pains, something to do with my hyper mobility I think, But it really frustrated me. My back clicked causing me to let out a small yelp, but I continued on. When I reached my detention class (from getting a U on my mock maths test.) I thought about the events that had been unfolding in my own safe house- home- I began to sob. I couldn't go to Detention like this. I found a small tree and leant against it. My life was a total mess, an utter shithole. So my family were completely selfish and the only member of it I actually liked wasn't here, my relationship was totally degrading and...I was kinda in love with my ex boyfriend.

After about twenty minutes sat, crying to myself, a figure came to sit next to me.

"Go away." I immediately snapped at the person.

"What's wrong?" Asked the voice of Luke. I tried to cover my face with my hair because I looked like a goblin. His finger tucked a strand of my blue/blonde hair behind the ear furthest away from him, then he caressed my cheek, moving it so I was facing him.

"What's wrong?" He repeated, but this time he whispered, softly, like velvet. The heat of his hand radiated through my cheek, causing me to blush, and let out a small shiver.

"It's silly." I laughed, sniffing.

"Well it can't be that silly if you're crying." He inquired.

"Well basically, my family are all away for Christmas and I'll essentiially be the city's Scrooge. Il have to spend Christmas alone and I love the whole Christmas atmosphere." I resented. He removed his hand and gave out a warm laugh, making me feel even more stupid.

"Well stay with us then you dick!" He chuckled, as if it were the obvious option.

"No don't be silly Luke, you'll be having a family Christmas, and I'm not sure the rest of your family want your ex girlfriend tagging along." I proceeded, wiping a tear.

"My family love you! Or loved you, I'm not sure their opinions could have changed that much." Convinced Luke.

"Not even after what happened?" I challenged.

"They don't know about that, except of course my mum who, never believed any of it." He simply stated, causing me to smile slightly.

"I can't believe you'd actually let me stay!" I grinned.

"I'll tell my Momma and the boys won't mind either so, so long city's Scrooge!" He grinned back. And I hugged him tightly until he couldn't breathe.

"Hey, mum!" I yelled through the house, smiling smugly. She came down the stairs in her comfy clothes, aspirin in one hand, her expression fairly sombre.

"What's up sweetie?" She questioned.

"I found somewhere to stay over Christmas!" I exclaimed excitedly. Her face lit up.

"That's Great! Where?" She asked.

"It's Lu- That doesn't matter, the point is I won't be the city's Scrooge!" I grinned. It was as if I could see the cogs in her brain whirring, and her expression immediately fell. I wished I hadn't even mentioned it now, I knew what she would say.

"Cresseida, please don't tell me it's that no-good Luke Brooks." She pleaded. There was no reply from me. I gulped, leaving an entrance for her motherly persistence.

"Cresseida Magnus I've told you so many times not to get involved with him!" She scolded.

"Yeah mum I know you didn't like him when i brought him round when we were dating, and you hated him even more when we broke up but, it's been two years since you've seen him so you have no idea what he's like now." I convinced. She raised her eyebrows.

"I'm not happy with it." She stated.

"Okay, firstly, I'm eighteen so I'm legally aloud to make my own decisions, and secondly, you're going away anyway so you can't do anything about where i stay." I argued.

"Alright fine. Just don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart again." She began walking back up the stairs.

"Were just friends!" I yelled, pointlessly.

School the next day was a bore, and as my khaki bag swung beside my knees yet again, the ever daunting countdown to December 10th was nearing and I didn't like it. Not one bit. That's when 'Last Christmas - Wham' burst out of my phone. I stopped to see who it was.

"Hey Skip!" I yelled excitedly.

"WaterCress!" It's what Luke used to call me when we had gone out, and it had caught on with the boys but, no-one had called me that in two years. He realised his mistake and tried to cover it up.

"Um so I heard you're staying with the Brooks over Christmas and was wondering if you wanted to come to a Christmas party we have every year?" He questioned. I'd been before, before everything.

"Of course Skip! I'd love to!" I smiled.

"What day do you move into the Brooks' house?" He mused.

"Day after tomorrow, why?"

"Just wondering. I've gotta go, bye!" He said.

"Bye!" I replied.

By the time we'd hung up, I was home and I unlocked the wooden door. I got into my room and decided to pack my bags ready for Luke, Jai and Beau's house. But, to my surprise, there was a ready packed suitcase on my bed.

Authors Note

Okay so firstly, R.I.P Nelson Mandela, my words will never give you justice but I feel like I have to say something. So I'm not black, but what you did for the black community was absolutely stunning. You suffered 27 years in prison, just to get justice, you were offered to leave prison if you stopped rebelling yet you stayed because you knew what was happening wasn't fair and that you had to fight for your people. You lived such a long life filled with purpose and you had that goal you would always look to, a goal you have now reached. Thanks to you black people in South Africa are free and are no longer slaves. You were an inspiration, and to those out there who show no fucking respect? Well shame on you. The way you act I can just tell you're going to grow into a fine young prostitute(aimed at no one in particular). Back to Nelson, I love you and although I'm too young to really have a grasp and to have experienced what you did I can't help but look up to you, what you did will never be forgotten. And I hope, I hope to the deepest depths of my heart that when my children are in school, I hope they will learn of you and how you never gave up on what was right. You will always be remembered.

Songs I listened to:

If You Could See Me Now - The Script

Heroes - James Blunt

My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

White Horse - Taylor Swift

Christmas Lights - Coldplay<3

Say Something - A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera

Please don't slate me for my music taste.