Chapter Five: Learning still.

*TWO MONTHS AFTER THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER*

It's like when you read a book, and you forget those small details, so you have to read the whole thing again to get a grasp of it again. That's what it's like with romance I guess. Now that I'm with Jason I'm learning about all of those little pointers again, having not dated in two years. Me and Luke were getting along just fine, he still hated Jason but we were together a lot more now. The night of the party was never mentioned again. At Daniel's birthday party, he'd asked me about it but indirectly.

"At Jason's party, what happened? Because I don't remember a thing." He had asked quietly as we watched Daniel cut his cake, smiling.

"You got drunk." I answered, before stepping forward and joining in on the cake-cutting.

Jason was so sweet behind the act of tough, popular guy, and really romantic at that. No, I didn't love him but, fuck, I was only 18 I didn't have to. Did I? Did I love Luke? No shut up Cress.

I opened up my locker and took out my appropriate books for the day. I felt warm hand snake around my waist, and someone's head resting on my shoulder.

"Hey." I laughed. He kissed my neck and I turned to face him.

"Hey there gorgeous."

He smiled, breathing onto my nose. We made out for a bit, getting quite a few dirty looks from people. Someone behind Jason coughed. Loudly. It was Luke.

"Cress can I talk to you for a second?" He asked rather politely. I broke free of Jason and nodded, but was stopped by the man himself.

"Hold on a second Brooks," he started, intimidatingly. "How do I know you're not going to take her into a supply closet and fuck her?" He said, really sincerely. Luke burst out laughing and it took all my strength not to. Luke grabbed my hand and began to pull me off.

"Nice idea by the way Meyers, just heading over to the supply closet." He shouted behind him, making me laugh.

"You really do like to piss him off don't you?" I grinned, looking into his chocolate eyes.

"Yeah I do. He's a dick, Cress, why are you with him?" He asked me as he pushed open the door to the outside with his free hand, as ours were still clasped together.

"He's not like that outside of school. He...changes." I shook my head, still smiling slightly. Luke furrowed his brow. I remembered our hands and freed my sweaty palm from his dry one.

"So uhm, why did you want to talk to me?" I asked nervously, as we came to a stop by a wall, small enough for us to sit on. Luke sat down on the wall, and I perched beside him, leaving a slight gap.

"It's about the media project, I'm sorry for being such a dick about the whole roles thing and I know we've already filmed quite a bit of the video but, we could share roles if you wanted?" He gave me an awkward glance.

"No Luke, it's ok. How would that work anyway." I shrugged.

"We'll I had a few ideas..." He trailed off.

"Go on...?"

I hit him playfully with the file I had been reading and he showed mock shock. We were sat in A supply closet, but there was no fucking going on, we were brainstorming ideas for our media project. Or, we were supposed to be. Luke lunged at me and tickled the sides of my waist. I wasn't very ticklish, so this worked to no effect, but he knew where my tickle spot was. Which was when he decided to start tickling my tummy. I sounded like a dog but, my tickle spot was indeed my stomach. In an attempt to get away from him, I backed up against the shelves, him following closely. Bad idea. The weak plastic shelves came flying down on top of me, but my landing was soft. Well, softer than the floor I guess, it was kind of toned and muscu- Luke's chest. I tried pushing myself off him, but the shelves were pretty heavy. We were now both in fits of laughter. I lifted up my head, as the shelves were only covering from my back down, and looked down at Luke's smiling face. His chocolate brown eyes glistened and his lips quivered from all the giggling. He lifted his hand from my stomach (with great difficulty) and tucked a strand of my blonde and blue hair behind my ear. My stomach did leaps. Probably hungry...hopefully. That's when the door creaked open. Right at the point where I was laying on Luke.

"Guys how's the ide- oh um I'll err...leave you to it..." Jai stuttered awkwardly, walking back out and closing the door.

"We might need to call him back in, to get this thing off me." I sighed. He looked at me, his eyes still glistening, but in a different way.

It was really awkward, laying on Luke whilst Jai and James were holding back tears of laughter, pulling the shelves up off of us.

"Thanks guys." I said sarcastically while they wiped their tears.

"I think Luke was enjoying it a little too much." Sniggered Jai. Luke shot him daggers.

"Fuck off." He snapped. Having not actually gotten any work done and being mortified, we were going to have to do some as homework sometime. When it got to lunchtime, I went to find Brooke and Aria, but they were no-where to be found. I went to my locker to see if maybe they'd waited for me there. No-one was there.

"Cress, what choo doin'" laughed James, who was stood right behind me.

"Oh Jesus you scared me!" I exclaimed. "I was looking for Brooke and Aria? I was going to sit with Jason but he had football practise." I said confusedly.

"Come eat with me and the boys, we've snuck Beau into the canteen." He grinned. I burst out laughing, images of beau in a hessian sack being escorted into the canteen by all three boys was excruciatingly funny.

Sadly, Beau was not in a hessian sack, he was wearing jeans and a red top with his 'new York' SnapBack on backwards. He was talking to someone, but I couldn't see who. As I got closer I made out that it was Sebastian. Oh Jesus Christ. This sucked balls, major balls.

"Oh Cresseida hello!" He exclaimed. "I heard you and Beau broke up, how sad, how sad." He said in mock upset.

"Yeah, did you also hear I'm with Jason now?" I snapped, pissed off. His jaw tightened.

"Oh. Well have fun with him." He snorted before storming off to sit with his creepy friends. I laughed and slid down on a stool next to Beau.

"Dorito!" I squealed, giving him a hug. He grinned cheekily and patted my head.

"Ice Cream!" He called me that because of magnum ice-creams, as my surname was Magnus. We talked about our lives a bit and caught up a little, it was only a week ago that I'd seen Beau so there wasn't much to catch up on.

"Luke and Cress decided to have sex in the supply closet." Sniggered Jai. My cheeks started burning up, I could tell I was bright pink.

"No we did not!" I moaned. But I was too late, Beaus eyes were closed and he was shaking from the laughter that was attracting a LOAD of attention to him.

"Shut the fuck up. Jai, nothing happened." Snapped Luke. Jai, James and Beau were all in tears, while me and Luke stabbed angrily at our salads. Beau had always been loud, but the whole canteen could hear him crying of laughter. It was so embarrassing!

After school I walked home pretty slowly, I was fairly tired for some reason. I was still pretty close to the school when I received a text from Luke. What could he want, I've only just seen him?

From: Luke <3

Hey cress, sorry if you're busy, was wondering if you were free to do some of our Media? Jai and James with Skip so will be just us two.

Remind me to change his name on my phone.

To: Luke <3

We can't really do anything if it's only us?

From: Luke <3

We can do what we were supposed to be doing earlier before we were crushed by a set of shelves?

To: Luke <3

Sounds food, I'm stood outside school.

From: Luke <3

Does food even make a noise? Bit of a strange expression there;) coming out now.

Dammit autocorrect. Why correct me?

To: Luke <3

Didn't know you were gay? Oh actually, I kinda sussed it out.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to face Luke.

"Surely if you thought I was gay you would have never gone out with me?" He joked, making me laugh. I wasn't sure we'd get much work done. For the second time today.