Chapter One: All in a puff of smoke

Oh yeah. Luke Brooks, yours. Why were you so deluded Cress? You hate eachother now. So much has happened in two years it seemed like that perfect day never existed. Pfffft. Luke Brooks. Hahahahaha. You crack me up. I put in the code for my locker and sorted out my books. On closing my locker I jumped. There stood a very tall, very hot Jason Meyers, leaning against the lockers movie-style. Jason Meyers was every girls dream, but he was a total player. "Err hi." I nodded, beginning to make my way to class. "Oi." He said, grabbing my arm, causing me to flinch slightly. "Okay so, I'm having a halloween party tonight, and im giving people their invitations in person. But i couldn't find Aria Sovée, so, can you pass her the message.?" He grinned, showing his brilliant white teeth. What a dick. Telling me to tell my friend she's invited when i'm not even invited! "Joking, i'm inviting you." He grinned wider. I let out a weak laugh, and made my way down the corridor.

Outside the school gates I got a sense of De Ja Vu - someone grabbing my arm. I turned to face the culprit. "Beau Brooks. We meet again my friend!" I squeal, pulling him into a bear hug. Beau Brooks was one of my best friends in the world. He'd gone to Hawaii with my other best friend Aria for two months (They had been dating three years.), I hadn't realised they were already back. He kissed my forehead, bit weird. "I'M BACK BITCHES!" He shouted to...ooh lemme see...THE WHOLE FUCKING SCHOOL. "SO COME EAT ME!" He yelled. Oh my god. That ranked in the top 20 of weirdest displays I'd ever seen Beau perform, and it was hard to get on there. You should have seen it. Oh crap. Here came Seb. Sebastian Hooker had this monster crush on me, so back when Beau came to Penola and after mine and Luke's rather nasty break up, Beau had an idea to pretend we were dating. You're probably thinking 'oh it's only a crush' but no. Sebastian is proper stalker type. "Oh, Beau. I see you're back from, ehm, wherever you were. Are you two still together?" He spoke nasally. "Yep." Said Beau, giving me an 'I got this' glance. "Oh." Stated Seb, walking off. "Well um, that was exciting." I said sarcastically

I decided to bunk english because frankly, Beau is a lot better than english. And anyway, I was pretty good at english to be fair so it didn't really matter.

We had loads to catch up on, and we caught up alright, it was nearing the end of the day now, I hadn't bunked only english, I'd bunked the whole day. "So how's it fairing with you and Luke?" He smiled sympathetically. "The same." I replied in monotone. He nodded and quickly switched subjects. "Want to come round?" He offered. I checked the time. No, still and hour till the twins would be home, its all good. "Yes! God I've missed you Dorito." I grinned. Throwing my arm round his shoulders, him copying me.

We were watching 'Now Is Good' and we were so into it, we lost track of time. Before I knew it the twins burst through the door. "We're home!" Shouted Jai. My eyes widened. "In here." Replied Beau. I shot daggers at him. His mouth opened in realisation. But it was too late. "Why's the slut in our house?" Grunted Luke. I bit my cheek. "Bye Beau, Bye Jai." I smiled as I got up off the sofa. "Wait no Cress don't go!" Said Beau. "Beau are you kidding, I don't want her in the house." Said Luke angrily. I slanted my eyes. "You know Luke, you're home now, you can quit the act?" I replied bitchely. "What act?" He snapped. I laughed. "Maybe you should just stop caring, I have." I sneered. "Pfft you think I care about you? What makes you think that?" He spat. "If you didn't care you wouldn't call me slut, bitch, whore etc. You'd just ignore me! You might not care about me in that sense, but you care about hurting me."