Chapter Four: An Unexpected Turnout.

It wasn't one of those sloppy, drunk kisses, it was nice. It was gentle and slow, not what I was expecting, and it was only until I remembered whom it was I was kissing, that I broke it apart. I flushed a faint Scarlett, tucking a lock of blue hair behind my ear. The drunk Luke stumbled over to where me and Jason were sat, a mixture of confusion and anger on his face.

"Oi, why are you kissing my girlfriend?" He slurred, pointing lazily at Jason. Jason looked at me, confused. I pushed myself up from the poolside, my feet dripping.

"Luke," I began slowly. "We broke up...like...two years ago..." I said awkwardly. His eyebrows furrowed. By now quite a small crowd had formed, of which were all muttering uncontrollably.

Back two years ago when me and Luke were 'the couple' at school, we'd always be in the gossip firing line. We were the only students in our year to be in a kind of long term relationship, so when we broke up, the whole school knew. It was the talk of the town for ages because everyone thought we were so perfect for each other.

"Why though?" He slurred.

"Why what?" I asked him, nervously.

"Why did we break up?" He questioned, his brows still furrowed. The small crowd - now even bigger - were now a sea of giggles and whispers. It was embarrassing enough the first time, having to repeat this was going to kill me.

"We'll...basically-" I was cut of abruptly by Jason's warm hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch.

"Luke, you're drunk. She doesn't have to repeat what you will remember when you're sober again." He stated calmly. The small audience rippled once again with chatter, but this time of annoyance that they hadn't gotten to see the whole display again. I looked over at Jason awkwardly and nodded him a thankyou. Luke shook his head angrily.

"Why are you with him and not me?" He slightly shouted.

"I'm not with either of you." I said calmly. He nodded and looked as though he agreed with my comment. He then wiped his nose on his jacket sleeve and gave a small cough, before simply leaving the Area. The small audience slowly broke up and went off in different directions.

Mine and Luke's relationship was so strong, and so mature (as we were told by everyone), and yet there's an emptiness with every encounter I have with him. Sometimes it was like we were strangers who had never even shared a smile. I looked over at him kissing some random brunette slag and my fists clenched. But then I smirked. My bare, wet feet squelched against the cold marble poolside. Jason smiled at me as I made my way toward him.

"Back for more?" He smirked obnoxiously. I scrunched up my nose.

"Yeah actually." I replied equally as cockily, grabbing the top of his shirt and pulling his lips to mine. With the other I released my boots and watched out of the corner of my eye as they sank down to the bottom, taking all my worries with them.