"Hello, you. Are you feeling okay?" Ryder asks, looking me up and down as I lie down on the sofa while I sigh. He snapped me out of my thoughts and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Should I think of things like that or maybe I probably shouldn't because thoughts like those caused me to start cutting in the first place along with other bad thoughts. But that dark place in my life is over, the new happy and real me has broken out of her shell that she has longed to do for so long.

"Yes, everything's wonderful," I assure. I'm in a place in my life right now that I can honestly say I'm happy. I know that I'm now going to have a baby to look after but that just makes me happier. To know that you're creating new life and have a person who you'll love forever is very uplifting.

"Was that sarcasm?" he questions, studying me for a lie of any sort.

"No it's the truth," I say honestly, "There's just one thing that's bugging me."

"And that is?" he inquiries, dropping his pen to listen to me.

"How I'll tell Mum. Liam's parents said we could all go for a meal there and they'll tell her for me but I sort of want to tell her now," I explain.

"I can tell her for you now if you want, I don't mind at all, I'd be happy to help."

"Thank you, Ry. That would be great; I don't think I could do it alone."

"You don't have to do it alone because I'll always be here for you, Av," he promises.

"Thank you, Ryder. Do you think I should tell Liam that I'm going to tell Mum?"

"Definitely, it's best he knows, he might want to be here," he points out.

"I'd rather he wasn't though because Mum will physically beat the shit out of him," I remind, biting my lip at the thought.

"You're probably right but still tell him that you're going to and how you feel about not wanting him to come over." I nod my head and get out my phone. I send Liam a quick text explaining what I was about to do and if he agreed to my intentions. He did and also wished me luck and told me he loved me. I smile as I text him back then I hear the front door slam shut. Oh shit, she's home. I can't do it, I can't.

"Shh, it's all right," Ryder soothes as he rubs my back, noticing me get worried and stiffen.

"What's up with you two?" Mum asks, watching us both sceptically.

"We need to talk to you," Ryder announces, taking me to the chair and gesturing for Mum to sit across from us.

"Just cut that crap and tell me what it is," she demands, placing her hands on her hips while giving us stern looks.

"Mum," I start, "please don't be mad."

"It depends on what you want to tell me," she mutters, waiting in anticipation. Neither I nor Ryder say a word so my Mother gets even more impatient. "Well, it's obviously something that will make me mad then. How bad is it? Did you get expelled? Another F? Knocked up?-" she stops because she could see from the look on my face that it was the last one. "Avril, tell me you're not."

"I'm sorry, Mummy," I cry, covering my eyes as Ryder pulls me to his chest.

"Well, that's just fucking great, isn't it?" she says sarcastically. She sighs, mumbles an apology and buries her head in her hands as she sits down at the table. I continue to cry and Ryder does his best to cheer me up but I'm not able to be consoled. I felt a new pair of arms wrap themselves around me which comforts me a little. Wait, the only other person who could be hugging me is my Mother, that can't be right; she never hugs me. I look up from my hands to make sure and I was 100% correct. She's crying also and clutching me to herself as if hanging on to dear life. This feels nice; I wish we hugged more often. We haven't hugged since a few years ago; it felt so long, too long. I miss my old Mother. I think she's back; it's difficult to know for sure.