First Kiss

"When the movie is finally over," he whispered into my ear from my right. "I'll take you for a drive..."

He always fails to be specific. He always has to be mysterious and romantic. I failed to answer: I just sat there grinning in the darkness. I shivered because the movie theater was freezing cold, but I really didn't care. I was in his arms in a dark room. I could enjoy this as much as I wanted without him knowing.

"The stars aren't the only thing stunningly beautiful tonight," his lips brushed my ear and, suddenly, I got the urge to kiss him.

We were in a romantic flick. He had lifted up the armrest and gotten as close as he could against me, wrapping his protecting arms around my waist.

Many other couples were making out. I wondered why he hadn't already started to do the same. I answered with a quiet, "Whatever you say." I giggled and took in a deep breath.

We watched the rest of the movie in perfect silence. That's fine with me. I enjoyed every second. I snuggled into his arms, loving every minute.

Finally, the movie came to an end. The lights faded on, and couples slowly made their way out of the theater. Everyone was either holding hands or making out. I watched them as they left. Each one had that same look in their eyes. I wondered how long each relationship would actually last. I told myself to stop; I was being weird again. I thought we would just walk out. He did something romantic, of course. (That's what he always does. Something else just to make me blush I was sure.) He walked behind me but with his arms around my waist, his head on my shoulder. I was a little shocked, but I was used to it by now of course. His sudden flirtatious moves were unpredictable, but I knew he would do something cute. Stepping out into the parking lot, he actually walked beside me which was something normal. I found this quite interesting. I laughed inside my head instead of aloud. I didn't feel like telling him what was funny and definitely not why.

The air wasn't humid like most evenings. The air was chilly since fall was coming. The breeze blew my hair into my face. I looked up at the orange and purple sky, seeing a few stars already. The sunset is what was breath taking. I smiled and sighed.

"What are you smiling at?" I heard him ask. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. He was smiling of course. A flicker of his eyes that was always so cute.

"Just the sunset," I answer quietly. He looked over at the setting sun.

"Very stunning," he commented to no one particularly. I decided to look at his face. I laughed to myself. His hair was blowing perfectly in the wind, and the sun made him almost glow.

I almost couldn't tear my eyes away, but good thing I did or I would have walked right into his beautiful black sports car with a convertible top. Since he had just turned 16 a few weeks ago, he had bought a new car, and I was first one to see it and drive in it with him. He opened the door for me, and I got shotgun.

He jumped in over the door, since he already had the top down, and he began to drive. He drove slowly, the wind whipping through my hair. I enjoyed every second, closing my eyes and leaning back in my chair. Who knows where he was taking me?

We turned onto a small road that went through a nice forest. The trees were turning colors of oranges, reds, yellows, and a few browns. There were tons of green left, but they looked beautiful. I had a smile on my face the entire time. This was gorgeous.

At the end of the trail, there was a clearing of trees and the lake. The sunset was sinking down into the lake. My mouth must have fallen open because I felt his hand reach over and push it back up. I looked over at him and saw him smirking from ear to ear. I thought to myself, "Well, could he think of any other way to make me blush more?!" I should have never thought that.

He drove up right to the edge of small cliff of rocks. This was a truly remarkable place especially when a beautiful boy has drove you there. You could hear the waters' quiet lapping against the bank. I looked around slowly, absorbing the beauty.

"This...place is..." I was interrupted by him. He was two inches away from face. He finished it for me, "...beautiful?" he whispered. A smile spread across his face, and I giggled. Something I usually do...a lot.

"Would you like to take a step outside?" he whispered not moving. I turned my head to look him in the eye and said, "Why of course." Grinning ear to ear, he opened my door and let me out. He reached out his hand for me to accept. I gently reached out and placed mine in his. He grasped it tightly and began to lead the way to the bank. We sat on the edge of the bank, staring out into the lake and the setting sun. The sky was constantly changing and growing darker each second.

He took me into his arms and wrapped them around my waist. We sat and just simply enjoyed the breathtaking surroundings. I swear I could fall asleep here; I was so relaxed. His voice made me jump.

"This is a very beautiful place...but there is something more beautiful that I know of." I could tell he was going to make me blush...like soon...like now. He faced me now and the breeze blew his hair in his eyes. I tried to reach up to move the hair away, but he grabbed my hands and put them around his neck. He put his hands on my waist and just...looked at me. How could he stand this? Does he not ever blush? Like, apparently not.

He smiled at me and sighed. I actually smiled back with cheeks burning with heat and probably turning red, but I didn't try to move this time. I liked it. He enjoyed being close to me, but it wasn't close enough for him. He pushed his face against mine until our noses where touching. He still looked me in the eyes. He grinned and closed his beautiful eyes.

"May I kiss you now?" He asked as a joke. He opened his eyes and smiled. "Who would possibly say no in a position like this?" I thought.

I giggled and said, "No..." looking deeply back.

He pulled back with a confused look.

"What?" the confused look was pure confusion. He looked so disappointed, but it was adorable. He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow, and his eyes begged me.

Smiling, I leaned in to kiss him. His eyes were wide with surprise, and then he closed them and started to kiss me back. Somehow his hands found my neck and my fingers intertwined with his hair. It lasted for a long time and then slowly our lips parted. His eyes were closed, and his cute grin was coming back.

"I was only joking," I whispered in his ear. He chuckled and looked me in the eyes again. He gave a "oh-no-you-didn't" look. I cocked my head to the side and batted my eyelashes.

"That wasn't very nice," he said leaning in so our lips were one inch a part. We went from staring at each other's eyes and then lips. Every second became less awkward. Soon, all I wanted was to find his lips again. I smiled and just giggled. We just sat there staring and doing nothing else.

"I forgive you," he said. He closed the one-inch distance between us.

The sun sank down right under the water. We both missed this breathtaking moment, but we were too busy in our own.