Chapter 21 - The Morning After

Start from the beginning

"Well, your not leaving until you spill the beans." She said jumping in front of the door. I glared at her.

"Fine." I sighed giving up. I began to tell her all the events of the night before.

"Aw. That's cute." She cooed once the story was over.

"It felt good just being in his arms and him holding me close. It was just magical."

"Oh God, now you sound like those cliché ass movies." She laughed and took a seat on the bed. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, what did you wanna talk about?"

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to go out tonight. The guys will be working all night, so we should be fine, but since you lost your v-card, Brandon probably has you whipped." I raised my eyebrows. She laughed harder.

"I think you know me a little better than that." I said, smiling. "What time did you want to go?"

"Around 8 or 9." She answered.

"I don't know. Let me think about it." I said. I walked over to the door. I opened the door and left the room. I made my way to the kitchen and looked in the cabinets. I grabbed a glass and filled it with ice water. I drank slowly. I could hear growling. I turned and saw Brandon and a bunch of others. My eyes widened.

Brandon's Point of View

Leaving Christie was something I wasn't planning on doing this morning, but duty calls. Aaron and I were recently sitting across from our intruders. "What's your business here?"

"We wish to speak with you and your Luna." The man, Greg, spoke.

"My mate has nothing to do with this meeting. State you business or leave my territory." I said in my Alpha tone. In the corner of my eye, I see Christie heading to the kitchen and getting a glass of water. She began to drink. I growled at how sexy she looked. I don't think she even notice a drip of water slowly running down her neck. I wanted to take her right then and there. She turned and looked at us wide eyed.

"Greg?" Christie questioned.

"Christie?" He whispered. She set her glass down and rushed over. She pulled him in for a hug. I angrily growled out. I pulled Chris away from him and into my arms.

"Brandon, it's okay. He's my cousin." She said looking at him. "Why are you here?" She asked.

"Well Aunt Karen, thought that your father might need some back up. When we got there, he sent me to look for possible allies. I didn't know you found your mate."he said.

"Barely anyone did, I'm happy to know that you are helping my dad. He made me stay here for awhile, just in case." She said, relaxing into me. Greg nodded.

"I understand." He looked at me. "So, my guess is your already allied up with Uncle Marcus?" He questioned.

"Yes, I am." I replied. Christie looked up at me in shock.

"I guess I have no business her. Nice seeing you, Christie and nice meeting you, Brandon." I nodded and Greg left. Chris pulled out of my hold and grabbed me by my collar. She dragged me into our room. She paced the room, while I closed the door and locked it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked quietly.

"I don't want you to worry." She looked at me and walked closer.

"Of course, I'm going to worry. You're my mate. I don't want you to go."

"They are after you. I have no choice." I told her.

"I know. I'm just scared that I'll lose you." She mumbled.

"You won't. I promise." I whispered and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled back.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more." She smiled and smacked my chest.

"You almost killed my cousin." She glared.

"I didn't know he was your cousin." I shrugged. She rolled her eyes and pulled away from me.

"I may go out with Alicia tonight." She told me sitting on the bed. She informed me.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I've been cooped up in this house for God knows how long and I want- no, I need to have some fun." She pouted.

"Okay, I'll go with you." I suggested.

"Sorry babe. Girls night out." She smiled.

"Fine." I huffed. She rolled her eyes.

"You could do something fun with the guys too."

"I know." I smiled. To be honest we both needed a little fun, last night was the first night in weeks that we actually went out. This was going to be fun.