Not According To Plan

"Christy are you okay?" Jim said putting his hand out across the boat.

I nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. Are you?" I asked shaking. He smiled at me but didn't answer. We both looked back to Silver but he was gone. The boat finally settled and we climbed out together and ran out of the room. We caught up to Silver at the bottom of the stairs to the deck.
"What the devil!?" Silver said partly annoyed. Jim and I ran up to his side. I looked around and saw my uncle on the top part of the deck.

"I'll be back." I said to Jim. He didn't acknowledge me before I ran around Silver and up the stairs next to my uncle. "Uncle Delbert! What is it?!"

He pulled out a small telescope and said frantically, "Good heavens! The star Pelusa its gone," He paused and yelled, "supernova!" I gasped and shot my head back down to Silver and Jim who were staring at the star. "Christy, you need to stay close understood?" Delbert said grabbing my shoulders.

"But Uncle Delbert!" I protested.

"No! Christy I'm not letting you out of my sight." he said more firmly. Suddenly the Captain was running down the deck yelling, "Evasive action, Mr. Turnbuckle!"

I turned to see the one who was at the wheel of the boat. Swiftly he replied, "Aye-aye Captain." and turned the wheel to get away from the star. Delbert held onto my arm and watched everyone run around. I looked back down towards the stairs and saw Silver tell Jim something and went to help. Jim took a step but stopped and started looking around. I knew what he was looking for, me. Silver yelled his name and beckoned him again. Jim sighed and ran towards Silver.

Just then Mr. Arrow yelled out, "All hands, fasten their lifelines!" I looked at Delbert who was mesmerized by the outburst. I felt his grip loosen and knew this was my chance. I broke away and ran down the steps. Delbert reached for me and yelled my name. I turned to see him get cut off by the captain running to see asteroids flying through the sails.

"Mr. Arrow!" She called out. "Secure those sails!"

Mr. Arrow turned around and bellowed out, "Secure all sails! Reef them down!" Everyone started running all around me as I pushed through them when I saw Jim tying on his lifeline and being ordered by Silver. I ran up to his side.

"Sorry, I had a family issue." I said trying not to smile tying on my life line next to Jim.

"Nice of you to join us." Silver said then repeated the orders to me. We were to go on the bow of the boat and get the sail ropes untied to pull them down. Jim went first followed by Silver and me. The winds hit us forcefully as we shimmied down the long bow. We untied the knots and fed rope just how Silver told us as an alien shot with a laser cannon shot at the bigger asteroids coming toward us. Just as he shot one, one of the broken peaces hit the bottom of the bow which knocked Silver off.

"SILVER!" Jim and I yelled in unison. Jim slid forward and grabbed his rope just before it ran out and pulled him back up. I went to his side and helped him back on the boat.

"Thanks, lads." He said with relief in his eyes. Jim and I both smiled at him, just as a huge asteroid was slowly coming toward us. We blocked our face  from the heat when suddenly it got pulled back by a force.

The watchman suddenly yelled out. "Captain! The star!" all of our heads shot back and we saw nothing but a small dot. I crawled back onto the deck and looked at my Uncle again. He yelled out

"It's devolving into a..." he paused and almost fell back. "a black hole!"

Turnbuckle pulled on the wheel forcefully as he said, "We're being pulled in!" and fell to the floor sending the wheel in a furious spinning motion.