Tight Ships a Happy Ship

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην audranime

“Yeah I got your Mr. Mop.” Jim said angry as he soaked up the mop and started swabbing the deck. I smiled to him doing the same. A giant alien with four giant arms walked past us and hit into Jim.

“Watch it, twerp!” he instantly said turning around as if it was Jim’s fault. Jim looked at him confused. He drifted his gaze to a small group of sailors whispering by a wooden barrel. A alien with a big pink body and tentacles on his head bumped the others when he saw Jim looking at them, and they went quiet. The tentacles on the alien said in a low nasty voice.

“What are you looking at, weirdo’s?” then stood and crawled down the big pink arm and out of no where the body had a face and said in a surprisingly high voice.

“Yeah, weirdo’s” he agreed. I looked at Jim partly grossed out when above us came a hissing sound. We both looked up and saw a giant black and red spider type of alien crawling down the shrouds.

“Cabin boys should learn to mind their own business.” He hissed at Jim.

Jim only smiled and replied.

“Why? You got something’ to hid, bright eyes?” As soon as he said that I wanted to take it all away from him.

“Jim! Don’t!” I said trying to stop himself from his own stupidity, but it was to late. The spider was angry and grabbed Jim by the collar of his shirt and pulled him off the ground. Jim dropped the mop in his hand as the spider angrily said,

“Maybe your ears don’t work so well.” Jim shook his head and cleared his throat.

“Yeah. To bad my nose works just fine.” he said insulting him. The spider had had it. He was boiling with anger.

“Why, you impudent little--” he hissed angry while pushing Jim up against the mast of the ship.

“Jim! Let him go!” I pleaded. “Jim, JIM!”

“Go ahead! Slice him! Dice him!!” A small alien woman encouraged. As Jim struggled crew-men began to gather around and cheer on the fight.

The spider opened his claw and raised it to Jim’s throat.

“Any last words? Cabin boy.” he taunted. Just as he had gotten and inch away from his neck, a metal clamp grabbed onto his wrist.

“Mr. Scroop?” Said a low, familiar voice.

“Silver!” I said relieved. Completely ignoring me he took a big bite out of a fresh purple purp and continued.

“You ever see what happens to a fresh purp when you squeeze real hard?!” he said closing his clutch on him. The spider, Scroop, wailed with pain and dropped Jim to the deck. I ran next to him still nervous.

“Jim, are you okay?” I placed a hand on him. He shrugged it off and stood. I looked back up to Scroop who was rubbing his wrist with his other claw-hand.

“What’s all this then!?” a loud bellowing voice yelled from behind the group. We all turned to see Mr. Arrow walking down the steps, angry. “You know the rules. There’ll be no brawling on this ship.” Some of the crew dropped their heads ashamed. “Any further offenders will be confined to the brig for the remainder of the voyage.” Mr. Arrow said sternly and turned to looked Scroop right in the eyes. “Am I clear, Mr. Scroop?”

Scroop glared back not wanting to answer. He looked over to Silver and relaxed.

“Transparently.” he said annoyed.

“Well done, Mr. Arrow, sir!” Mr. Silver said praising him as he walked off and the group disappeared. “A tight ship’s  a happy ship, sir.” he yelled to the distance. Instantly he spun around. “Jimbo! Chris!” We both looked up to him. “I gave you two a job!” he said pointing to a mop that was now in his hands.