Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next morning I was awoken by Daisy sitting up beside me. “Your phone just buzzed babe” she mumbles in her usual morning voice.

“Read it then.” I replied with my eyes still closed and my head still firmly on my pillow. Daisy picked up my phone and threw it at me.

“It’s Jessie.” She snapped before getting up and storming into the bathroom.

I unlocked my phone and read the message. “Morning babe, do you fancy doing something tomorrow evening?xx”

“Yeah, I don’t have any plans.. what were you thinking? I fancy going bowling if you’re up for that?xx”

“Yes! Sounds like a plan! Pick you up at 7 xx”

Just as I set my phone back down on the bedside table Daisy walked back in, dressed and looking surprisingly good considering it had been 5 minutes since she woke up. “My mum is having a family dinner tomorrow night, she said to invite you” Daisy smiled.

“Babe, I’m so sorry but I’m busy”

“With Jessie, yeah?”

“Yeah..”

“Okay well I’m going home, bye.”

Before I even had the chance to reply she’d left and slammed my front door behind her. I really don’t understand what her problem is lately. Every time I mention Jessie she gets really blunt with me. I guess it’s just jealous because I’ve spent the last few days with Jessie instead of seeing her but she didn’t have an issue when I used to spend all my time with Becky. I need to talk to her.