five

"When most people twist their ankle, they stay in their cast, not walk around in high heels all day," Odell said after listening to Demi complain about how swollen her ankle was and how much pain she was in

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"When most people twist their ankle, they stay in their cast, not walk around in high heels all day," Odell said after listening to Demi complain about how swollen her ankle was and how much pain she was in. He told her to pop a few ibuprofens and ice it a little bit but she didn't like taking pain killers so they were sitting in Odell's penthouse with her legs propped on his thighs and an ice pack over her left ankle.

"You saw the outfit I had on today. Flats wouldn't have have looked right with it," Demi said, referring to the outfit that she had worn during the Global Citizen's Fest.

"Hmm you're right. I do love those thigh high boots," he gave her thigh a playful slap as she giggled and shoved his hands away from her.

"You don't have to come to the game tomorrow since you're injured. I know you'd much rather lay in bed. You need a nap anyways," he mumbled the last part but he knew she still heard him. Demi had just come back from a 44 show tour but it seemed like she never stopped working. She wasn't supposed to perform at the Global Citizen's Fest, she was just filling in for Selena while she took a much needed break. He was glad that she was successful and doing what she loved but she had been so busy that she still didn't have her own house and she hadn't actually rested since she stopped touring.

"Um, aren't you going against that Norman guy? I'm going to be there. I'm so tired of him throwing you all over the place and no one doing anything about it," Demi huffed, her face turning a little red as Odell chuckled.

"And what are you gonna do about it with a twisted ankle?"

"My fists still work, Odell. It's just so stupid that he talks so much shit about you and literally throws you all over the field but he doesn't get fouled, or whatever it's called. I'm so over it. In fact, get me a seat on the sidelines tomorrow," she ranted as Odell shook his head. He had a rivalry with Josh Norman, he just couldn't stand the guy, but he wasn't going around picking fights. In fact, he wasn't even worried about playing him tomorrow. He kind of forgot about it until Demi brought it up.

"You're not sitting on the sidelines with a twisted ankle. And it's supposed to be a bit chilly tomorrow, wouldn't you be more comfortable in the viewing room?" Odell questioned as Demi rolled her eyes at his protectiveness.

"Fine, but I wanna be close just in case he tries something."

"And again I ask, what the hell are you gonna do with a twisted ankle?"

The next day, Demi was making her way into the stadium dressed in one of Odell's sweatshirts with her boot actually on. Odell had been huffing and puffing about how she never kept her boot on or used her crutches and she knew today was important for him so she wasn't about to stress him out even more. She wobbled into the stadium with her team behind her, searching the field for Odell as they made their way to their seats. They weren't on the sidelines but they were fairly close to the field. Odell still reserved a viewing room for them though, just in case.

Kelsey and Jill walked to their seats while Odell ran off of the field to greet Demi.

"Look who has their boot on and is actually using their crutches," Odell teased as Demi rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. I'm wearing it because I want to, not because you told me to," Demi huffed as Odell chuckled.

"Are you sure you're good to be here today?"

"Are you still playing against Josh Norman?"

Odell nodded as Demi pursed her lips.

"Then yes, I'm still good to be here. But I'd be much better if you carried me to my seat baby," Demi said with a cute smile. Odell knew his teammates would make fun of him for it later and it'd probably be all over TMZ, but he didn't care. He picked up his woman and let her wrap her legs around his waist before grabbing her crutches and carrying her to her seat.

"I love you baby. And you're gonna do great today," she whispered into his ear before he set her down.

"Love you too. Stay sitting down. I'm not joking. If I see you standing up without those crutches I'm gonna come up here and whoop your ass," Odell playfully threatened as Demi rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. He leaned down and pecked her lips before going back down to the field to finish warming up.

They were halfway through the game and surprisingly, Odell and Josh hadn't got into it yet. Demi was waiting for some sort of conflict, especially since the Giants were winning, but both of them seemed to just be focused on playing and not fighting. Odell was running towards their side of the field with the ball, about to make a touch down, but as soon as his foot hit the blue grass, Josh slammed him down the ground. They got the points but Demi was heated.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" She screamed when she saw Josh just standing over Odell. Then Odell hopped up and shoved him away, which prompted Josh to throw him to the ground again.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" She screamed again. The referees tried to break them up but both of them were pissed, but probably not as pissed as she was.

"Demi, they're handling it," Kelsey said as Demi shook her head and abandoned her crutches before making her way out of the stands and down to the sidelines. Odell snatched his helmet off as he stormed off of the field right in her direction.

"What happened?"

"We're both getting benched for the rest of the game. I didn't do shit. That nigga was just pissed cause we were winning," Odell seethed as Demi rolled her eyes.

"Where the fuck is he? I'm going over there! He had no right to slam you down like that!" Demi huffed as Odell shook his head.

"No, you're not going over there because we're in the middle of a game and it's dangerous. And your ankle is twisted," Odell reminded her as she rolled her eyes.

"Then I'll find him after the game. What makes him think it's okay for him to do that? And now you have to sit out for the rest of the game, like what the fuck? That's not even fair, you didn't even do anything. I was watching and he-"

"Baby, calm down. It's over, there's nothing we can do about it now. At the end of the day we're still winning so it's not a big deal. I need to rest anyways," Odell said as Demi folded her arms across her chest.

"It is a big deal. You could've gotten seriously injured."

"You were worried about your baby?" He joked as Demi shoved him to the side.

"Shut up. You know I get scared when people tackle you. You're not as big as you think you are, Odell."

"That's not what you were saying last night." She responded with a punch of his arm as he chuckled until he noticed that she didn't have her crutches.

"Demi, where are your crutches?"

"They're in the stands. I don't need them, I was just making sure you were alright," Demi said, poking her bottom lip out as Odell rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Hmm, I'll handle that ass when we get back home. I have to go sit down but please, don't come down here again, okay?"

"Okay. I love you baby," Demi said, using her hand to pull Odell's neck down to give him a kiss so that she wouldn't have to stand on the tips of her toes.

"Love you too with your short tempered ass," he whispered against her lips as she giggled before pulling away and limping back up to her seat. She was always trying to fight his battles for him, but that was one of the many things that he loved about her.