M Y S T A R (707) EDITED

August 3, 2016

My memory of the star is very faint. Throughout the years, I've forgotten about it and the memories I've once treasured with it.

~•~

"(Name), come eat." A woman's voice calls out, stopping my train of thoughts.

"I'm not really hungry, mom." I reply, sighing. My mother looks at the food with sad eyes. She doesn't give me a single glance, looking through me. I don't remember why she's gotten so upset nowadays.

~•~

My eyes pause to look at my empty luggage, realizing I've forgotten to pack my things. I sigh for the umpteenth time today, grabbing my clothes and dumping them all in the luggage. As I continue to do so, a small notebook falls to the floor.

~•~

January 13, 2003

It was beautiful, like a star. It always shined. It was always so bright.

It was kind-hearted, outgoing, and hesitant. It had a lot of doubts, worries, and pain. It kept all of them hidden, inside of its broken heart.

How can a broken heart carry all these emotions? It can't. These emotions began to fill its soul, instead of its heart. Its heart was filled with nothingness, it wondered if it'll ever be filled with the emotions it used to have.

Although it held a lot of emotions, it was great at hiding them. It was so great at hiding it, that I almost didn't realize it was hurting. Almost.

"What is this?" I whisper to myself, my eyes trained on the page. "My old poetry back in high school?" I giggle slightly, throwing the book on the side and continuing my business.

~•~

Tomorrow I'all be leaving this place, leaving my mother's side. How she's going to take it will be unknown until tomorrow.

I allow myself to fall on the soft mattress, gazing at the blank ceiling. I turn to my side, the small notebook catching my attention.

~•~

February 4, 2003

The star did all it could to make my wishes come true. It gradually opened up to me and we shared our pain.

The star still held pain in its soul. Pain that the star did not want to share.

Why do you not want to share this pain?

you answered, because I love you.

~•~

December 25, 2003

The star still would not share its pain with me.

Why do you not want to share this pain?

you answered, because I love you.

~•~

January 6, 2005

The star grew sick.