Chapter 7

~~~ Buddy the cat ~~~

"We should get a dog!" I laughed, as Joel drove us all home.

"No way, you guys wouldn't be able to handle a dog." Maddie laughed from the back of the car.

"Yeah, knowing Lizzie you guys are cat people." Connor replied. Connor was Maddie's boyfriend. Since Maddie has been in and out of hospitals, she needed a best friend. Connor began to help Maddie in school, and they eventually fell in love. Maddie was my cute, little, funny sister again. One of her treatments was making her all crazy. I liked Connor, he was a nice guy. I started to look through my old photos when I came across a cute photo of Maddie and Connor.

 I started to look through my old photos when I came across a cute photo of Maddie and Connor

"Awww guys look!" I showed them the photo.

"Yup, isn't she my cute little pumpkin!" Connor added, as Maddie giggled.

"So about that cat..." Joel started to say.

"Seriously! You want a cat!" I surprisingly said.

"Yeah! It could be our cat." Joel replied.

"And exactly how is that gonna work? Our cat will be in my house one week and in yours the other?" I wittily thought of.

"The same way if we had a dog."

"Oh shut up!" I laughed.

"You two need your own reality t.v show." Maddie coughed.

"Maddie are you alright?" I tensely said.

"Yeah I'm fine." She replied quietly.

"She's good. She's still got hair!" Connor joked and I could hear the sound of ruffling hair.

"Stop it Connor! Connor!" Maddie squealed as I heard her seatbelt adjusting positions.

"Is everyone okay back there?" Joel asked.

"Fine!" Maddie and Connor both replied.

"Joel where are you going? You missed the exit!" I yelled, as I looked to figure out how to find a way back home.

"No i didn't." He said.

"Yes! Yes you did! Where on earth are you going?" I replied, looking at a strip-mall. Barber shop, grocery place, candy shop, hobby shop, pizza place...

"I'm going to get our cat." He replied.

"What!?!" I yelled loudly.

"He's going to get a cat! Your gonna have a cat! Connor, can we get a cat?" Maddie pleaded.

"Whenever you want, princess." He replied and I heard her giggle. I was starting to get tired of this giggling thing, but I let it slide.

"Joel I was joking." I said.

"I wasn't."

"Joel, I want to go home."

"Okay, but we're stopping for our cat first."

"Joel!"

"Yes?"

I burst out laughing. I couldn't take him seriously.

"Fine. We're getting our cat." I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

*

"That one." Joel said.

"No, this one." I pointed a pretty brown ginger cat.

"No." Joel replied and pointed to a black and white cat.

"No. Thisssss oneeeeeee." I exaggerated tapping the glass.

"No! I like this one." Joel snapped.

"Joel! I like this one." I replied.

"Man, just pick a kitty!" Maddie sighed.

*

   I took a picture with Buddy and sent yet to Joel

Smallishbeans: You and Buddy are adorable!

LDshadowlady: he's yours tomorrow!

Smallishbeans: Yeah!

LDshadowlady: Head over soon, it's getting late

Smallishbeans: Check your front door ;)

I quickly shut off my phone and went to go find Joel.

"Closet girl!" He laughed as he pick me up and kissed me on the cheek.

"I didn't think you were gonna be here so soon! You didn't tell me you left!" I said as we walked upstairs to the filming room.

"Sorry, I wanted to surprise you!" He lied.

"Uh huh. Okay." I chuckled as we began to set up my filming equipment.

"So, exactly what do you want to do with this?" He said, helping me adjust the lighting.

   "What do you mean? I told you we're doing the don't laugh challenge!" I snapped at him. He was way to forgetful.

   "Right! Okay, do you want me to tweet to see if people can suggest funny videos?" He asked me, pulling out his phone.

   "Whatever you want. Your the one uploading." I joked, as Buddy came running into the room.

   "BUDDY!" Joel exclaimed, running over to our cat and hugging him. Buddy purred, and enjoyed Joel petting him.

   "Glad your more happy to Buddy then me." I joked, setting up my Nikon 3600.

   "Hey! I enjoy you too." He said from the other end of the room.

   "Alright, let's just start this." I added as Joel and I sat down to begin our intro.

***
Authors note
   Buddy is here! So I hope everyone likes Maddie and Connor. Just...pointing that out.
              Dancing_in_5678🐱