Chapter 6

~~~ for real ~~~

   "I'm here for Maddison Darwth. Where is she? Where is she!" I demanded as I barged into the hospital. Someone stood up in the waiting room the minute I stood up. It was Joel. Why was he even here?

   "She's currently unavailable for visiting times! May I interest you in-"

   "MY SISTER JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK AND SHE CLAIMS SHE HAS CANCER SO TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON!" I yelled.

   The receptionist lady smiled at me.

   "We're doing our hardest to make this a pleasant experience-"

   "Are you...kidding me." I began to laugh. I felt like I was talking to a computer.

   "Elizabeth, she's not joking. Sit down and wait like the rest of us." It was Joel's voice who brought me out of that conversation.

   "You don't get to tell me what to do." I snapped. I no longer had feelings for him, so I could snap at him all day.

   "Yeah but at least I'm being the nice guy. Sorry for her, ma'am." He apologized to the receptionist and sat back down.

   "I understand your her sister. You may go visit her now." The lady said.

   I smiled. "Thank you. I just need to find some answers." I smiled and and glared at Joel as I went to go find Maddie's room.

   Maddison Darwth I read.

   I knocked on the door. I popped it up just a bit, and I saw she was asleep. Not dead, like, actually sleeping.

   I stepped inside, as I saw my sister with needles and masks all over her. I covered my mouth with my hand as I realized she wasn't lying. My baby sister has cancer. And she's going to die.

   "Maddie..." I choked out then sat down.

   Joel bursted through the door.

   "Oh my god." He whispered, and began to cry. "She's gonna go...she's gonna go..." he sat on the edge of her bed as to ignore me.

   I looked at him. I called him a liar. I called her a liar. I called all of my friends a liar. I felt horrible.

   "Joel I'm sorry." I whispered. He turned his head, infuriated.

   "Don't even think you can talk to me." He snarled.

   "Joel I'm sorry." I repeated. This time he ignored me.

   "Joel! I said I'm sorry!" I exclaimed. This time he looked at me.

   "And I said...and I...and..." his voice trailed off. I raised my eyebrows as to say continue.

   "I can't do it." He stood up and began to walk out.

   "Wait!" I called out before he closed the door. He popped his head back in.

   "I still like you." I whispered. Where did that come from? I meant to say you can't treat a girl that way.

   "I still like you too." He whispered back and closed the door. He...he did?

   Maddie turned.

   "Maddie?" I quickly said.

   "Joel..." she whispered weakly.

   "No maddie...it's Lizzie...Joel's not here right now..." I cooed.

   Her eyes fluttered open. They were red, as if she was just crying. I began to feel the tears run down my face.

   "Hey...how ya doin?" I whispered and put on a smile. She smiled back.

   "I feel my old self again."

   Those words made everything stop. The old Maddie...my sweet, loving, Maddie sister...

   I began to sob as if she just died. Because she did.

   The evil part in my sister has died.

*
1 year later

   "Elizabeth, will you go out with me?"

   "Yes, I think I will!" I cried and jumped into his arms. He twirled me around as if in a romantic movie. Maddie cuddled against Connor.

"Let's go! Somewhere! Anywhere!" I laughed, as he pulled out my sweater as if it was a flying cape.

"Anywhere, my princess!" He smiled.

"To the water!" I yelled and began to run in the sandy dunes to where the sand met the ocean.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear, then kissed my neck.

"I love you too." I giggled as I watched the waves crash in. The water went up to my ankles. It was like a whole new world out there.

"Hey closet girl?"

"Yeah?"

"Look at me."

I turned my head and met his lips.

Joel.

My Joel.

And he will forever be my Joel.

***
Authors note:
This chapter was very confusing, so let me sum it up.

After Lizzie calls Oli, Joel, and Maddie liars, she ends their friendship. She doesn't talk to any of them for three months, until she gets a call from the police. In the meantime, Lizzie has made 2 new friends, Polly and Cady, and she currently had a crush on this youtuber Brendon Topper. But after Lizzie and Joel meet up at the hospital, and Maddie is her original self after battling cancer, her and Joel sort things out ( including feelings ) and realize they would be best as a couple.

So yeah. That's basically what happened. Kay. Bye!
Dancing_in_5678 😁