Chapter 2

~~~ Eyes wide open ~~~

I couldn't help but smile.

He smiled back.

"You got a haircut." I smirked a little bit for fun.

"Yammy dyed your hair." He replied smiling back.

"Hey! How did you know I didn't do it!" I joked, and playfully and accurately punched his arm.

"Because when have you ever dyed your hair yourself?" He questioned.

"Oh stop." I giggled and looked out the window. It was...snowing. I shouldn't be in a hospital! I should be outside, sledding with Joel, making hot cocoa with Yanmy, buying presents with Oli, hugging Maddie as she opens her presents...hey, where was Maddie?

"Hey Joel?" I asked. He nodded in reply as to say yes.

"Has Maddie...ever..." My voice trailed off.

"Yeah. Yeah she did. She came with Lauren and Stacy and that other girl. I think she came in alone another time, too. Just you and her." He lied. He looked down and not right at me.

"She didn't even visit me..." I wiped a tear from under my eye. Why did I even bother to ask? I was so stupid! I knew she never even bothered to visit me!

"Lizzie I'm sorry." He brushed his hand past mine, as I bit my lip and started to cry. I felt like we were in romantic sob story. I hated it.

"Elizabeth D? Is that you?" The doctor asked. I looked up and nodded, trying not to cry.

"Yes, yes that's me." I smiled as Joel got up to sit in the visitors seat.

"Your sisters are here." She said. Sisters? Maddie was here?

"Maddies here?" I asked, hopeful.

"Yes, Maddison and Taylor." She replied, but not smiling. Who was Taylor? Probably a friend of Maddie's.

"Who's Taylor?" Joel mouthed to me. I shrugged.

"She's in room 31A." The doctor nodded and left. Why was she in room 31A? Who was she visiting?

"I'll go get her." Joel said, as if he was reading my thoughts.

*

It had been an hour since Joel had left me. I had turned on the t.v. They didn't have big brother!! What else was I supposed to watch?!?

"Yes Doctor."

"No doctor!"

"Yes doctor."

"No, doctor."

"Let's just go!"

Ka-powey!

The door to my hospital room flung I open. Standing in front of me, was Yammy Callum, Lauren, Joey, Stacy, Scott, and Oli.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled ( except Oli ) as they rushed over to me.

"Guys! Hey!" I laughed as they brought balloons, teddy bears, chocolates, and all sorts of stuff.

"You didn't have to do this!" I laughed as I put my teddy bear right next to me.

"Oh yes, yes we did." Yammy snapped and started to decorate the place. It was nice to have people that will do this for me.

*

Joel never showed up, and we ended up filming a video together. I was trying to fall asleep, when someone knocked on my room door.

"Come in." I sighed, figuring out I wasn't getting any sleep tonight.