Chapter 4

~~~ SURPRISE ~~~

   "Joel why aren't we...home?" I asked, staring up at his cute little tiny home.

   "I have a gift for you. I left it here so I thought we stop on the way back." He replied.

   "Mind if I wait in the car?" I asked, tired. I really wasn't in the mood to get up and be wheeled around.

   "I can't bring the present out to the car." He mysteriously answered and opened my door. I couldn't help but laugh just a little.

   "Okay fine. I'll get out." I said smiling as Joel set up my wheel chair. I hopped on down and sat in my un-comfy seat.

   "ATTENTION EVERYONE! THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL RIGHT HERE-!" Joel started screaming.

   "Joel!" I giggled, as he continued screaming at his neighbors.

   "...JUST CAME BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL. LETS GIVE HER A WAAAAARM WELCOME!" He yelled, kissing the top of my head. There I go, red as a strawberry.

   "WELCOME HOME!" I heard someone scream, as I saw Joel's door swing open.

   "SURPRISE!!!!" A couple others yelled. Yammy! Callum! Oli! Scott! Stacy! Lauren! Maddie! They were all here!

   "Hi guys!" I chuckled, while I couldn't stop smiling. They ran over to be like a mob.

   "Can I sign your cast?"

   "My names gotta be the biggest!"

   "I've missed you!"

   I heard people saying things all at once.

   "Woah! Hold on! One at a time please...!" I joked.

   "I need my name on this cast girlfriend!" Yammy laughed as she gave me a hug. "You don't know how bad I've missed you. I missed you so bad I uploaded a video of me pretending to be you on your channel. Feel free to erm, delete it." She blushed and rolled her eyes. Classic Yammy.

   "And you might want to stay off the crazy craft server until your fingers can click the delete key rapidly..." Scott trailed off.

   "You pranked an injured girl! Scott I feel betrayed." I snapped and looked away.

   There he was.

   My Prince in a shining panda hat.

   With warm brown hair.

   And nice brown eyes...

   Wait, I thought I didn't like him anymore!

   "Oli."

   "Lizzie."

   We both said it at the same time. Everyone went quiet.

   "Sorry." We said the same word at the exact same time again. His pale cheeks turned a pretty rosy color. I wondered if mine did the same.

   "Sister, already looking for love?" I heard a cruel cold voice snap.

   Maddie. Of course.

   "Maddie..." Joel used the opportunity for me to not look at Oli. He spun me towards Maddie.

   "I'm just joking! Welcome home, sista!" She lied, giving me a kiss on the cheek, and holding a coke bottle with the other.

   "Thanks." I replied, flashing a fake smile.

*

   "Bye Stacy! Lauren you too!" I waved them off as the rode home together. Soon, it was just me Oli, Joel, and Maddie. Yammy had to go home to get something, but she was coming back.

   "Can we break... then tension now?" Maddie pleaded, sitting on the couch. As she sat on the couch, I realized never really was able to realize how pretty my sister was. Her beautiful gold locks, her charming smile. I wondered if even behind all the evil, if there was a tiny piece of inner beauty.

   "Sure

   "Sure." Oli said. His voice had grown deeper. It sounded a lot better.

   "What tension?" Joel joked. I gave him a glare. He took the message.

   "I like Oli, Oli likes Lizzie, Lizzie likes Joel, Joel likes me. Am I wrong?" Maddie says, surprisingly not smirking. Was...

   "I don't like you." Joel blurted out.

   "Liar!" She yelled, standing up. "You do too like me!" She squealed.

   "I mean, I like you, but not like that." Joel explained.

   Maddie shook her little head. "No! That's not how it is! I'll put it to the test!" She yelled and ran to the kitchen.

   "I'm gonna go..." I immediately said, wheeling myself to Maddie, Joel following closely behind.

   "Maddie! Stop!" I yelled as she began to search in Joel's drawers.

   "It's fine." Joel replied.

   "No Joel she's doing-"

   "I'm literally right here." Maddie said and put her hands on her hips. Oh. Right.

   "Ah! Here we go..." Maddie pulled out a razor sharp knife. It shinned in my eyes.

   "Maddie!" I yelled.

   "No maddie...please don't do this...no maddie...maddie please..." Joel began to whisper, as she watched her twirl the knife.

   "Joel if you like me just say the words." She whispered. It wasn't a threat, she was trying to find the truth.

   There was a kill-kill situation right now.

   If Joel said no, Maddie would kill herself. If Joel said yes, maddie would know he was lying and would kill herself anywhere.

   "Maddie we don't want to go back to this hospital." I quickly thought of.

   "Lizzie I want to know the truth. Stay out of this. This is my life. It's what i choose." She wittily snaps.

   "But it affects us all." I quickly replied.

   She paused for a moment, as if to consider that.

   "Joel?" She turned her green eyes towards him.

   "Maddie I'm not going to lie to you I like-"

   Sliiiiiiicceeeeee.

***
Authors note:
   Surprise!
       Dancing_in_5678💀