Chapter 5

~~~ not your average reply ~~~

"MADDIE!" I yelled, as a piece of her fell to the floor.

Joel stared in awe.

We were both too scared to step forward.

"M-m-m-m-m..." I stuttered.

"Yeah..." she replied, as she held her long lock of hair in her hand. Maddie had sliced her hair to a pixie cut. It was...beautiful.

"Your beautiful." Me and Joel both said.

"Thanks." She whispered, trembling.

I wheeled over and hugged her. She hugged me back, and began to cry. Joel had started to say something, but left the room instead.

"Lizzie I'm sorry...I-I-I-I-didn't th-th-th-think t-t-that would h-h-happen!" She cried into my T-shirt.

"Maddie I don't understand..." My voice trailed off.

Maddie looked at me with big round eyes, half of her hair in a pixie cut, half of her long and curly.

"Lizzie I don't care about my hair!" She angrily yelled. "It doesn't matter! IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE IM GOING TO BE BALD!" She screamed, and began to sob. Joel and Oli ran into the room.

"What's going on?" Joel asked.

"LETS JUST STOP LYING RIGHT NOW!" The sobbing Maddie yelled. What's going on?

"What's going on?" I questioned. Joel and Oli looked at each other, and bit their lip.

"Oh my god..." I said as I felt the heat rush to my face.

"It's not their faults." Maddie exhaled and sat down.

"Sit. This is gonna be a long story." Joel sighed and sat down. Oli did the same, and I just glared at him, then my wheelchair, then back at him.

"Lizzie, I'm not going to lie." Maddie sighed. "I have-"

"NO!" Joel yelled. My head turned and looked at him. He was breathing heavily. He looked at my sister. "I can't maddie...I can't bear to hear this story again..." he tried to calm himself down. He grabbed on to the ledge of the counter and squeezed. I was afraid he was going to break his counter.

"Joel, are you alright?" I asked softly.

"No one is." Oli replied. He had his head down and his panda hat on.

"Lizzie...I was diagnosed with cancer." Maddie bit her lip. There was no way Maddie had cancer. I can't believe I fell for another one their mischievous pranks.

"Liar...I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR FACE! I COME OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND THIS IS WHAT I GET!" I yell at her. Maddie's lip quivers, and she begins to cry like a toddler.

"N-no....Lizzie please!" She cried out.

"MADDIE WHAT DO YOU WANT! ME DEAD?!?" I yelled at her, attempting to hover over her which epically failed.

"LIZZIE SHES NOT LYING!" Joel yelled at me. Joel just...that's it. I reached my boiling point.

"YOU ALL CAN CALL ME YOUR FRIENDS BUT I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER! BE YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Maddie began to sob all over again, and Oli watched me wheel out. Joel ran after me.

"Get. Away. From. Me." I said through gritted teeth as I opened the front door.

"No. Lizzie she's not lying. Why do you think I wasn't there when everyone went to go visit you? Why do you think I was crying when I came to see you? Why do you think Maddie has turned into the person she is? Why do you think Maddie would go to America without you? Why do you think Maddie says she hates you? Why do you think Maddie didn't even care she cut her hair? Maddie's changed. She's under so many prescriptions it's got
Into her head, Lizzie. Just...understand that and if you can't I don't know you anymore." He explained. I looked back at him.

"Goodnight." I snapped and slammed the door on my way out.

*
3 months later
Briiiiiiing.

Briiiing.

Silence.

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

"Geez!" I yelled as I ran over to get a phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Bizzie Lizzie! Whatcha up too?" A familiar voice asked.

"Cadence...you know I'm trying to upload a video." I laughed and took my phone into my editing studio.

"I know, I know... but still wanna go grab a bite to eat?" She begged.

"Can't, Cady. I'm really busy. I told you that. That's why I'm-"

"Bizzie Lizzie! I know! But stilllllllllll I was hoping mayyyyyybeeee..."

"Bye Cady..." I laughed as I was about to hang up.

"WAIT! Brendon said he's taking you out. Just thought you'd know!" She giggled and hung up.

"CADY YOU SURPRISE RUINER!" I laughed as I hung up too. If there was any truth to that, I should go get ready.

Bleep.

Ponypolls: Can we please talk about this Yammy situation? Love ya.

I ignored my texts from Polly and began to brush out my hair. That's when I got the call.

"Hello?" I answered, twice today.

"Is this Elizabeth Darwth?" The caller announced. It was a females voice. Who was this?

"Yeah, why? Who is this?"

"This is your local township police. Your sister Maddison is being rushed to the hospital for having a heart attack. She's currently located-"

I didn't even let her finish her sentence.

***
Authors note:
A show of comments, how many people believe Maddie's cancer is real?
Because I think I do.
Dancing_in_5678