Chapter 7: Almost Kisses and Gossip

Chapter 7

Almost Kisses and Gossip

I look at the time. It's 5:00 a.m. I still have some time before I have to get ready for school. I decide to take a long, hot, bath. I stay in for an hour then get out.

I start getting ready for school. I pick out a gray, long sleeve, shirt and some blue jeans. I add some gray boots, dangly earrings, a bracelet, and a bag to match.

Today I'm ready early, so I decide to just walk to school. I start walking outside when I get a text.

Cameron: hey can i come with?

Bree: yeah you better hurry up or I'm leaving you :P

Cameron: you wouldn't dare

Bree: I bet I will

Cameron: alright alright. I'm coming

I see him coming out of his house. He crosses the street to where I'm walking.

"Hey Bree" Cameron says to me. He looks so handsome today. All he has on is a blue, plain shirt with jeans. He also has a black jacket on.

"Hey Cam. Why are you up so early?" I ask him as we start walking. The school is at least 15 minutes away on foot.

"Why are you up so early?" He asks me avoiding my question. Boys.

"I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to get ready and leave early. So do you wanna tell me why you leaving early too?"

"Let me think...... No. I don't want to tell you." he smiles at me mischievously.

"Why are boys so annoying? Can you tell me that?" I say pretending to be mad.

"I don't know Bree, I don't know. But you could go ask one."

"I am asking one. Unless you're a girl. Then I can fully go to someone else." I say smirking.

"One, Im not a girl and you can check if you want," he says trying to disgust me, "And two, I am not annoying"

"First, ew and second, you are annoying" I say sticking my tongue out at him.

"Ouch Bree. I'm hurt by your words." He says holding his hand up to his heart, jokingly.

"Oh whatever" I mumble walking ahead. He jogs up to me.

"So after school I have somewhere to be. We are going to have to study later. Maybe at 5:00. Is that alright?" He says with a little doubt it his voice.

My world shatters. Well maybe not that dramatic, but still. Where does he have to be? Why can't he reschedule it?

"Yeah. sure. I'll come over at about 5:30." If he wants to reschedule then I will to.

"Why 5:30? He asks a little hurt.

"Because I have somewhere to be too." Lies. Why did I say that? Well I can't just let him think that I'm going to stand around waiting for him.

"Oh. Ok. 5:30" he said quietly.

By this time we had made it to the schoolyard. Since we couldn't go to our class, we go the library. No one is in there so we can talk all we want.

"So......" Cameron says dragging the 'O' longer than needed.

''So what?" I ask him.

"You want to um, practice for the play or....?" If I didn't know better I would say he was nervous.

"Yeah, sure." I say smiling. I was going to kiss him again!

So we are now at that part again. The one with the kiss.

He leans forward and closes his eyes and I do the same. Our lips are so close when we hear a voice. It's Tina. The school's gossip girl. If she finds out that we are kissing, it would be all over the school by lunch.

We pull back and hide. We hide behind a book shelf. I know its not the best place to hide, but that was our only choice.

"I could have swore I saw them in here" Tina hissed. Then she walks out of the library.

We come out of our hiding spot. We look at each other. That was close.

"So do you wanna keep practicing or...." I say to him.

"No I should be getting to class anyway." he says to me without looking at me.

"Yeah right ok. See you later then." I say halfheartedly.

He walks out without looking back. Then I notice something. We still had 10 minutes until class starts. Why was he in such a hurry?

A/N

Some drama! Not really :P
What do you guys think Cameron's hiding? Theres a picture of her outfit on the side!

Tell me what you think so far in the comments. Vote and Comment. Don't forget to share with your friends :)