Chapter Twelve: Tinderbox

I saw you dancing
And I couldn't get you off my mind
I could tell that you could tell
That I was taking my time
But I was thinking of ways
To get you to stay tonight
Body's shaking
Tell me off so I can turn off the lights

Tonight you're falling in love
Let me go now
This feeling's tearing me up
Here we go now

Metro Station – Shake It!

Club Descent was located by the docks, and was Miami's hottest club this season. The queue was backed up around the block monitored only by a single broad shouldered bouncer. The club inside was heaving and hot and despite the Miami heat, there was no air conditioning in the huge hollowed out brick building. Bodies were packed tightly together swaying in time to the music and sipping from bottles and glasses that the cocktail waitresses were bringing on black circular trays.

Eric Delko, upon arrival had been swallowed up by the crowd; he'd been heavily sought after by a bachelorette party and was already making out with a pretty young dark haired girl by the name of Connie. Their drinks were to be delivered to the table that Eric had managed to grab for the three of them, and he was saving it by sitting there with the beautiful curly haired girl straddling his lap.

Club Descent was way over the legal capacity and it was probably in violation of several fire codes but all Tim Speedle cared about at the current moment was the beautiful sexy woman who was pressed up against him. Tim's hands were all over Kate's body, roaming everywhere as her hips swayed, her hands above her head as her whole body moved for his eyes only. He couldn't get enough of her body, not now, not ever.

The music was thumping, the latest tunes being played curtsey of DJ Scorpios throwing the whole crowd into a frenzy. Kate's arms were around his neck as she gyrated to the soundtrack, grinding against him, her skirt rising up her thighs as brushed her body right up against him.

Everything about her was driving him wild. The coffee coloured silk halter was clinging to her skin enhancing every single curve of her body. His hands were on her waist as he thrust himself against her willing body. Kate's head tipped back in apprehension, Tim's lips descended on hers, his tongue hungrily seeking hers as his hands slid down to her ass squeezing it. His finger traced the outline of her lace panties through the black silk skirt. It fell mid-thigh showing a generous expanse of those fabulous toned legs and hugged her figure like a second skin.

It had been a long time since he'd seen her in a skirt, and set off with the black, spike heeled stilettos, she was everyman's wet dream come true.

The club had been Delko's idea. He suggested they celebrate Kate's decision to stay by hitting the town on their next night off. Kate had wanted to check out how the Miami night life had changed since she'd left and Tim was only too happy to oblige. Clubs had never been his thing unless he was looking for an anonymous one night fuck but it was different with Kate here, he felt relaxed. There were no other girls for him tonight there was just Kate, whose eyes were telling him that as soon as they got out of this club he was in for one wild night.

Their relationship was still a secret. They'd been dating for a little under a month now and the only people that knew there was anything between the two of them was Horatio, Calleigh and of course Eric. Inside the lab he relished the fact the two of them could be as professional as they both were. Outside the lab...well they were barely leaving the bedroom. They had six years to make up for and by Christ he was going to make sure he made up for the time they were apart.

Kate was everything to him, and he knew that during those years she'd been so deep undercover that she didn't know who the hell she was, the thought of him had kept her sane. He was protective of her now, so damn fierce because he didn't want her hurt ever again. She'd been through too much already.