Chapter Seven: Breathless

You speak to me in riddles

You speak to me in rhymes

My body aches to breathe your breath

Your words keep me alive

And I would be the one to hold you down

Kiss you so hard

I'll take your breath away

And after, I'd wipe away the tears

Just close your eyes dear.

Sarah McLachlan - Possession

The sun was blazing as I stepped out of my silver BMW Coupe, black sun glasses over my eyes, to shield them from the harsh morning glare. I flicked the auto lock and alarm on before slipping my keys into the new black, shiny leather bag on my shoulder.

My dark ankle boots clicked across the tiles as the automatic door opened allowing me through, as I propped my sun glasses on my head.

Tim and Eric were standing in the doorway to the Crime Lab, eyes on me.

Tim was biting his bottom lip as his eyes swept upwards from the boots up my grey, boot cut linen trousers that hugged my hips and ass just right. He tilted his head as I stood there, arms crossed, raising an eyebrow as he took in the black, angel sleeve top, that showed a little skin before sweeping up to my bemused expression.

"You want me to take a picture or are you good with just staring?" I teased light heartedly, hand on my hip.

"Can you turn around a little? I'm trying to admire the view from the back." Tim returned as I rolled my eyes, a grin playing across my features as I stepped towards them.

"I know that grin." Delko remarked with a wide smile of his own. "Someone either got very lucky last night or went shopping."

I feigned innocence at his words.

"From the look of that handbag, I'm guessing Calleigh took her shopping." Tim remarked.

"You, Mr Speedle, would be right." I stated as Eric held the door open for me.

"So did you guys going shopping for anything else...underwear maybe." He added hopefully as him and Speedle followed me through.

I winked at Eric over my shoulder before commenting.

"Whatever happens in the changing rooms stays in the changing rooms. So did you guys miss me? Did anything interesting happen?" I asked them as we all strolled down the corridor towards the locker room.

"In the two days that you were gone we had maybe a little blood spatter you could have helped out with, otherwise...nah didn't even notice you weren't around." Tim joked, as we stepped into the locker room.

His jacket was already off his shoulders leaving me to admire his muscular frame for a second before ducking behind my own locker door as he twisted his head to glance at me.

"What Speed means to say is we're glad your back to stir things up a little, seriously it's been boring as hell the last two days." Eric told me clipping his badge and gun into his belt.

I shoved my handbag into my locker before following suit, shutting the locker door as my cell phone went off, along with Delko's and Speedle's.

"Anyone else get Coconut Grove?" I inquired as the other two men snapped their phones closed.

Delko raised his hand, indicating he had too.

"One of you needs to trade with me. I got a boat scene with Megan," Speed stated, his gaze on Eric, arms crossed over his chest.