Chapter 33 ~ TOB

The Bot felt himself drifting. It felt as if it was a broken boat, sailing aimlessly in a curvaceous river. Sometimes it sunk under, downing murky, metallic water inside its mouth that seemed to fill its lungs. Sometimes it floated up, a butterfly's kiss of breath upon its lips and a sliver of sunlight through its enhanced cornea in its eyes.

But it knew it was dying.

It knew the moment the master of his brain shut him down purposefully, and it waited calmly for its next command.

It let itself submerge into the river of unconsciousness where it saw the bits of a red-haired girl, a cracked tea pot, a pile of brown leaves; but it felt no more anguish or curiosity or feeling.

The other part of it fought, pushing and pushing to the surface.

Thoughts rippled through his mind, and Tob waited for a reply, a signal, anything from the back of his mind.

Nothing came.

Master? Are you there?

Silence.

Too big. His mind was too big, his thoughts were too free. He didn't feel the pair of eyes watching his every movement and emotion. He didn't feel the tight strings that once held him as a puppet, as a slave.

He was free. Free.

The thought sent a shock of incandescent lights from his eyelids to his optic nerve, but he couldn't see.

He wanted to jump in joy, fly to the sky and never come back down—but he couldn't move.

And even if it could move...where would it go? If it wasn't a Bot...what was it?

It felt its chest ripped out, literally. It felt as if its heart—if it had one—being torn apart. It didn't care; it didn't mind.

It simply waited for its next command from its master.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚▽゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I felt like Tob deserved a small chapter. What do you think is happening to Tob? Is the chapter way too short?
Also! Do you think that this entire book is all about action and no pause or a breather? Comment!
Vote! Smile! Have a good day! Keep reading! 😁😘👊😆