chapter 42

If you like this story please support me by voting and commenting. Thank you x

[Bella] :                

                           You know what the sad thing is ? When you think you have done good on your exam but the result tells you otherwise. That's exactly what's happening with me right now.

                           I thought I finally managed to make Harry overcome his difficulties and his rudeness, at least toward me. I thought I have made him better, or act better. But results told me I was totally wrong.

                           It has been three days, and we are acting like complete strangers toward eachother. He was rude or maybe he tried to be so he can make me feel how pissed off he was. But I was cold, trying to freeze him with guiltiness, but he seems to take it down into another path.

                           The other day on UNI after I left the class I share with Harry, I did not encounter with Jake as he said. Or maybe it is because I'd leave my classes earlier than usual.

                           “How much does it cost ?” I asked the cashier. He checked the few items I have bought before he put them in a bag.

                           “24$” He said, as he handed me the bags. I gave him the money and told him to keep the change.

                           In fact all I wanted to get out of this crowded place as fast as possible. I kept my hands tangled together infront of me to keep them warm. It was currently raining ice of drops. Richly it hit my head and damped my hair.

                           I got on my car quickly as I throw the things on the back seat. I took my keys out and as I start the car, I heard a small knock on the door.

                           “Oh my god!” I murmured under my breath quickly in disbelief. Once I heard the second knock I snapped back to reality as I reach to the front and opened the door.

                           “I am sorry, I probably scared you.” He quickly apologized as I stare at him unbelieving that he actually is here.

                           “No, No that's fine.” I waved at him. Jake was sitting beside me, alive. I was confused do I thank god or do I cry because this is so awkward, I really do not know.

                           “How are you ?” He asked.

                           “Me ? I mean —sure it is me, Uh- I am good. What about you ?”

                         “I am good, moving is abit hard but I am coping well, I guess.” He shrugged as he rested his head back. Silence has taken a hold of us. I could not say anything, even though so many conversations running wild on my mind but no word is coming out.

                           “Bella — ”

                         “Jake — ”

                          We both said at the same time as we also sighed together. I licked my lips quietly as I turn to face him. “Speak up.”