Chapter 82 - Birth

Mooyeon's POV

I stared at the stairs for a while before I started walking.

The 1st step, the 2nd step, I moved very slowly until I placed my foot on the edge of the 3rd step and slipped.

"Ah!" I let out a loud scream when I landed on the ground.

"Mooyeon! Are you in pain? How did that happen!" Taehyung shouted in horror while falling to my side.

"Shh. Don't catch attention to yourself." I whispered to him through the pain and held his arm.

"Lady Mooyeon, are you alright?" Heechul asked me nervously.

"Obviously not!" I grunted, feeling that the time has come.

"You're bleeding, Mooyeon! Is the baby coming?" Gaee asked.

"I think so..." I responded even though it was hard to speak loudly.

"But it only has been 7 months! How..." Heechul asked but I stopped his endless questioning by screaming again.

"Shit. Bring Lady Mooyeon to her room. Call Kang DaeBoo and the SanPa (Midwife)! Hyangin should lead a group of maids and support them with the birth. Make sure that the baby is born safely or you'll all lose your heads!" Heechul ordered and Taehyung carried me to my room.

I layed on my bed, panting permanently from the pain on my stomach.

"Why did you do something that silly? Don't you know how dangerous it is?" he asked me while holding my hands tightly.

"Even if I only have a chance of 1 percent... I had to try it." I groaned. "Wait until our baby is born and you have to take the chance and go far, far away with it." I looked at Taehyung and grabbed his arm with both of my hands.

"I won't let you alone here, we will escape together." I heard him say before the maids came and urged the men to go.

"Hyangin..." I called when I saw her. "I'm afraid."

I cried and asked for her hand to hold me.

"I'm right here, Lady Mooyeon. I won't leave your side, don't be afraid. Everything will be alright." she smiled at me and I calmed down a little bit.

"We need hot water and a lot of towels, hurry up!" the SanPa ordered and the maids were all in a rush to follow the instructions.

Kang DaeBoo sat beside of me and took my pulse, checking if there were serious complications.

He suddenly stood up, whispering something to a maid.

"If things keep on going like this none of them will survive. Go ask the Earl who should be saved, the baby or the mother."

"Wait!" I called, stopping the maid from going.

"Save the baby." I demanded determined.

"Lady Mooyeon, You can't decide that. We have to ask the Earl." the doctor explained.

"Hyangin!" My eyes wandered around all directions and I grabbed her hand.

"No matter what happens, you need to save my child and give it to Taehyung right after it's born." I whispered to her and saw her nod her head.

After a very long time of struggling and screaming the maid finally came back.

"Earl Magot wants you to save the mother!" she shouted and everyone continued their work.

"Kang DaeBo! Please you have to do something to save my child." I begged, crying.

"I will do everything I can. Now, it's important that you fight for you and your child." he explained and I nodded.