Chapter 60 - Lie

Taehyung's POV

After some days in the cottage it seemed that our life went back to normal. I didn't hear anything about my Hyungs and Jungkook. Gaee and Hyangin would also check if something happened but that was never the case. It was as if we were living in peace, in another isolated world, not connected with anything bad from the outside.

However, Mooyeon's behaviour was more than strange in these days.

She didn't talk much and her smiles seemed to be fake. She always showed me that smile whenever I asked her what was going wrong.

Maybe because she had to take care of me the whole time and that pissed her off. I would always tell her to stop, that I don't need that much care, but she still insisted to do everything for me so I didn't really understand the problem.

Sometimes, I would notice her going outside alone to avoid me and cry on her own. I wanted to ask her what was going on, I wanted to know so badly but I was afraid that I was the cause of her pain. I always feel the urge to hug her but my condition didn't allow me to move myself from the bed.

Asking Gaee or Hyangin was useless since they would only keep quiet whenever I confront them with this question.

By now, my injuries healed pretty well and the more I could finally move, the more I had the feeling that Mooyeon's happiness was fading away completely.

Today though, her mood was surprisingly better than ever before.

My health almost recovered completely so we could continue our journey the next day. Staying at the cottage still wasn't a solution that we could keep long.

"Taehyung, let's celebrate your recovery with a feast!" she cheered with her big smile. "I'll cook your favourite food today."

I didn't ask her about her big change of mood because I didn't want to ruin that smile she showed me at that moment. So I just nodded.

Normally, we would all eat together. Me, Mooyeon, Gaee and Hyangin. Four people. But today, Gaee and Hyangin didn't even show up to our dinner as if Mooyeon told them to let us alone beforehand.

"Look, try my JapChae. I hope I did it as well as Hyangin always does." she grinned and put some of the noodles on my bowl.

I ate it gladly, putting some of the dishes on her bowl as a reward.

"You too, Mooyeon. You didn't eat well these days. Look how thin you are now." I noted.

Suddenly, she stood up and went to the cupboard to get the SoJu Gaee hid there.

She poured a little bit to a carafe and came back with the carafe, together with two little cups.

"You're allowing me to drink today?" I wondered.

After we got married she barely allowed me to drink any alcohol, telling me that it was unhealthy. She must know it. I mean she's from the future. As a good husband I naturally listened to her.

"Just for today." she gladly poured a little bit of the beverage into my cup.

"I feel uneasy about your whole behaviour today. You didn't put something in the SoJu, did you?" I joked and looked at the alcohol.

She slapped me on the shoulder. "Why should I? I don't believe that you're accusing me of drugging your SoJu! OK, if you don't believe me, then I'll drink it first."

She made her own cup full that there was even some of the SoJu pouring out and emptied it, squinching her eyes from the sensation her throat gets by the drink.