Chapter 14: Better off dead

Octavia

" You ok?" Bellamy asks her in a hushed voice

" She tried to leave us Bell." She answers.

Every single bone in her body is on fire, rattling vigorously and screaming at her to be mad at Clarke- but, there's always a reason. Octavia knows this.

" Yeah well from what she told me, people weren't giving her much of a choice." He whispers; Octavia's eyes widen in shock

" Did you know about the rumors people had been saying?" He questions her

" What rumors?"

Suddenly, Bellamy's telling her all the things they said and what she had done. She wasn't so pissed at Clarke anymore; empathy, that was all she felt. Octavia felt sorry for the best friend that's always had her back, even when she was wrong. How could she be mad at her? It's not like she got bored and decided she wanted to die. Most of all, she's pushed at herself. If only she'd been less busy with Lincoln when she thought her brother was gone and actually helped Clarke get through it as well- Clarke is the closest to Bellamy on the ground, possibly more than Octavia. But Octavia's anger still sits in a burning hole in her chest; it needs to be let out. And she knows exactly we're to put it.

Scanning, Arcadia's grounds she finds the platform where Abby and Kane stand on for their long, dragging speeches. They would listen to this one. Everyone would. Without hesitation she drags herself up the platform, in attempt to look strong and confident but she's shitting herself. No one in the crowd below pays attention to her apart from Bellamy who seems to make his way over to her, nobody even acknowledges her. Bellamy pulls himself up the steps, walking with authority and confidence.

" Listen up!" Octavia shouts to the crowd; they either don't hear her, or they are just ignoring her.

" HEY!" Bellamy screams in a voice deep enough to make your spine shiver: he has everyone's attention immediately, even Clarke who is standing just outside her tent away from the crowd.

" Today, Bellamy and I were told about a special favor Clarke asked from somebody in camp," Octavia begins and they all listen," We know who she asked and they do too, obviously... She-" Octavia's cut off by a brave man in the crowd, it suddenly parts when he dares to speak.

" I SAY, she can do whatever she wants. I know she hasn't done anything for me!" He shouts up to the Blake's at the front of the podium. Immediately, Bellamy jumps off it and makes his way towards the man.

People begin to circle around them in curiosity, knowing that the brave twat is about to be beaten up.

Bellamy

" I'm sorry what's your name?" Bellamy asks mockingly

" Carter." He answers bravely

" Carter huh," Bellamy nods exaggeratedly," You don't know horse-shit." He smirks

" I know more than you." Carter walks towards Bellamy but he doesn't step back

His blonde hair flows in the wind with the devil seated in his eyes.

" We're you one of the hundred?" Bellamy asks walking circles around him.