Chapter 1: Leaving

Bellamy

Bellamy places himself by the campfire, central of camp. Sharpening his blade he is unable to forget Clarke's words she had spoke to him not days ago; words that mean the world to him.

" I can't lose you too okay?"

However, in Bellamy's mind he knows that it was a moment if weakness for Clarke and with all the drama evolving around her she's in a bad place: she didn't mean it. He's sure that Clarke would be fine without him, nearly 100% positive of it but it pains him to see her hurting- especially when its Finn.

He often spent his nights wondering how Clarke felt about him whether it was platonic or romantic, nevertheless they couldn't be selfish. Bellamy knew his feelings for Clarke were toxic, like stepping onto rocks above rough waters or swimming with tedious serpents: he and Clarke could never work. Luckily for him, Clarke had no intention of perusing their relationship in that way: in his mind of course; he felt like he doesn't deserve it. In all fairness, he knows he doesn't deserve Clarke: shes a good co-leader; a great one, even when Bellamy talks shit- she never backs down and thats what he loves about her.

He loves her.

And when she told him she couldn't lose him, his heart warmed the ice walls he built around it.

Clarke

Pacing in her tent, she recited the words Lexa had told her about love: its a weakness. All Clarke knows is that Lexa is a good commander and whether she likes her or not, she listens to her leadership advice.

The main focus is getting their people out of Mt.Weather. He mom pretends to care but she knows she'd let them die in a heartbeat so its down to Clarke and Bellamy to figure a plan. Clarke doesn't want to, it kills her to think of such a thing but she knows that it has to be done.

Bellamy and Lincoln must go inside of that torture chamber to save their  friends.

Love is Weakness.

Its all she hears at night, but she doesn't know what kills her more: Bellamy on a suicide mission or she giving the order. She hates thinking with her head but, her people must come first and for that she suffers; Clarke would suffer death before her people are hurt.

Finally, she buckles up the courage to go find Bellamy, even though she knows he'll be at the campfire. To her surprise, when he's not there she moves to his tent and hesitates before entering: she'd knock but theres no door.

Sucking on a deep breath she allows herself to bring up a conversation.

" Bellamy?" She asks but waiting a few moments he lifts the flap up and making his way out the tent.

"What can i do for you Princess." He smirks, showing off his jawline. Raisin an eyebrow, he gestures her to go inside: she does. Walking into his tent, she cant help herself but before too long she realises shes already said it.

"You were right." I blurt

" Princess...i'm right about a lot of things, you need to be more specific." She scoffs at the remark

" Mt. Weather, We need an inside man...We need you and Lincoln to go and get inside." Clarke states, hiding her regret.

"What happened to: i can't lose you too- "  She notices his hurt and a string of guilt flushes through her. Instead of following her heart, she looks him straight in the eye and he meets her gaze. But shes distracted by a knot in a stomach; she ignores that too.

" We need someone to get inside and turn  the acid fog off,Bellamy, without that an army is useless. I was being weak . Just because you were right doesn't mean i like it and if you won't go in I will.' She proposes

" No, your not going back in, I'll go." He immediately replies and Clarke knows he would.

"Here's a map of Mt. Weather if you need any...-" Shes cut of by a harshness in his voice.

" I got it princess, i don't need any help." He spits; Clarke's taken back.

" What's wrong, this was your idea in the first place." She asks him curiously

" Why'd u change your mind Clarke? And don't give me that shitty excuse that you were being weak.' He answers with a question; typical Bellamy- she thinks.

Soon enough their voices are raised.

"I was being weak Bellamy!"  She shouts and his voices creeps to a whisper.

" Look Clarke, I'm going on a suicide mission here and i need to know that your head is in the right place." Once again he surprises her with his statement.

"What's that supposed to mean?"She asks annoyed

"If i die out there i need to know that you can take care of...-" She interrupts him.

"Yes Bellamy... I can take care of Octavia." Clarke rolls her eyes

" I didn't mean Octavia. I meant you, if something happens, i need to- will you look after yourself; please. Octavia; she'll be fine, she has Lincoln but i'm worried for you." He admits and Clarke looks in awe at the man before her.

Since when did he care for her, why be so worried for her wellbeing. Clarke's mind spun at his sudden confession even though it wasn't much to confess. It warms her, not much but a little: he cares about her, someone who won't screw her over, but also someone who she wouldn't mind screwing.

"I'll be fine" she mutters

She lied right into those gorgeous brown eyes of his. In all honesty: If Bellamy died she wouldn't be fine; shed be nothing without him, she couldn't lead and she'd  lose everything. A part of herself, her confidence, a safe place and her home. But she couldn't tell him this, too many reasons that would lead to his death.

Minutes later, they're hugging and Clarke didn't even realise. Her thoughts are jagged as she buried her head in his shoulder as his arms secured the lower part if her back. Everything in that moment was perfect, even as she felt herself drifting into oblivion.

So i've decided to update this because i was looking through it and i think i'm starting to prefer the third person POV