Chapter 10: Back to you

Bellamy

3 weeks. It had been 3 weeks since he saw his sister and the girl he's in love with. He could be that extra and give the hours and minutes but he won't because he hasn't got the strength or the energy to do so. He actually pulls a smirk at the thought of sleeping in his actual bed tonight and not rocks, soil or hanging upside down in Mt.Weather. He can get Clarke to properly fix his wound, while she talks about how he should look after himself and shit- but he's too focused on her beauty to listen to her. The worst past is that he didn't even say goodbye: to anybody. Clarke fell asleep in his arms and when she woke up the next day he was probably gone. Octavia...he barely saw her.

He's not far now. Plus, Bellamys been walking since sunrise but it's hard to ignore the growing pain in your wounded leg. He hasn't actually looked at it this morning: another thing for Clarke to moan about.Suddenly, he's at the edge of the trees- still hidden but he's there. And so is the Ark.The metal space-station that survived 3 generations and is what now called Arcadia: is 1/2 a mile ahead of him, not even that, maybe a few hundred yards or so. He's nearly home.

Painted in mud and bugs, he's covered head-to-toe, well he hasn't has a shower properly for 3 weeks. It's smells like blood and horse-shit mixed together. Looking down at himself, he sees the sweat leaking from his clothes just as he notices dry and wet blood stains on his skin- and his clothes. His face is dirty, smudged by mud and blood, his hairs a greasy mop hanging from his forehead. He tightens the gold on his pack, nervous for some reason. As the pain increases, it's blocked out by the determination to get home. To see his sister. To see Clarke.

Suddenly, the gate is in his sight as he stands at the tree line. A wave of panic sets over him as ridiculous thoughts pop into his mind: what if they think I'm an enemy? What if they don't recognize me or kill me on the spot? What...what if the grounders got to them first. But the real world kicks his ass as he gets realistic. He's gonna do this.

Cautiously, he steps out of the tree line and the radiating sun welcomes his face with warm rays of sunshine; his eyes squint shut for a second. Bellamy begins walking towards the gate and he hears inaudible shouts coming from the walls within his home. His pace quickens as this draws them out from the gate separating him and his beloved sister. Soon, he's standing in front of the gate as they're pushed open and guards- all holding their rifles- come out to see him; Yet, they don't know it is Bellamy.

At the raise of their guns, Bellamy throws his hands in the air; a voice emerges from the crowd, along with a person. Kane. He walks confidently towards Bellamy, who's unsure if he knows it's him, Kane stands before him looking at him up and down with no expression.

" Lower your weapons," Kane says just loud enough for his guards to hear

" But Sir-" one of them argues, Marcus shuts them down instantly

" Lower your weapons," he repeats more firmly," This ones one of ours." A smile tugs at his lips as one is shown through the mud smudged around Bellamy's

" Glad to see you didn't forget me." Bellamy says trying to hide his utter joy at the sight of a familiar face.

Instead of a response, Kane reaches forward towards Bellamy and engulfs him into a hug, holding his tight just like a father would hold his very own. Bellamy immediately mirrors his actions, also hugging him back as they sigh in relief of finding one another. Once they pull away, Bellamy sees a tear in his eye but doesn't comment about it.