About Time...

The next morning...

RICK POV

I wake up with a warm body lying next to mine, looking down and opening my eyes its June. Clothed, we didn't have sex or anything just a make out session. At least that's what the kids call it these days.

June sleeps soundly, eyes closed. Looking like the most innocent person one can ever meet, which she is. Not wanting to wake her, I slowly slip myself from her side. What happens next is just laughable, she starts patting down on where I was. Her hand eventually landing on a pillow, she brings it closer to her and hugs it tight. I can't help but a laugh a bit.

"So it happened." Somehow I managed to know Floyd's smirking righty behind me.

"Yeah..." I confirm.

"So who asked?"

"She did."

"Girl's got bigger balls than you Flag."

"Shut it Floyd." I turn around.

"Gonna be a while before she wakes up, wanna grab breakfast. Katana's all alone in the cafeteria." Floyd stands.

"Come to think of it, I could use a bite." I follow him.

Floyd puts his arm in front of me, I look up at him and he makes a writing gesture on his palm. Rolling my eyes, I grab the nearest pen and paper. Telling June we'll be at the cafeteria. Including a cliché "I didn't want to wake you up" message.

Few minutes later...

Floyd and I drop down in front of Katana with unopened MREs, were not supposed to eat these unless we're on the field. But it's been a while since we had these things, funny how I can miss one of the worst things ever.

"I saw you with the Doctor this morning." Katana says as she chews in her scrambled eggs.

"You won't believe how it happened, doc was the one who asked him."Floyd tells her.

"How am I not surprised."

"I'm sorry."

"Rick, you're a great leader. But when it comes to women... You can't seem to really get things done."

"Ouch..." Floyd laughs lightly.

"I'll have you know, I was the one who kissed her on the first date."

"That's not what she told me." Katana sips her milk.

"Wow... This is the kind of reputation I have."

"Definitely." Floyd opens his packet.

Thirty minutes later...

JUNE POV

I wake up with something soft and cold that isn't Rick. Opening my eyes, a pillow is wrapped by my arms.

Siting up, I look around the barracks. He's not here, but he leaves a note for me.

Christ! He even out that cliché "I didn't want to wake up you up" message.

Rolling my eyes, I stand up and decide to leave my hair flow free.

Few minutes later...

I walk into the cafeteria, looking through the crowd. My eyes eventually land on Rick and the team, I can't help but smile as I walk towards the squad.

"Morning." I smile at them.

"Someone had a good sleep." Floyd nudges Rick.

Rick rolls his eyes as I sit down next to Tatsu.

"So... What happened last night?" Tatsu asks me.

"Nothing much." I shrug.

"That's not what Rick told us." Tatsu smiles as she nods her head to Rick.

"Don't get mad at the boy, we knew you guys would hit it the moment you two laid eyes on each other." Floyd says.

Rick elbows Floyd, making him choke on his food.

Tatsu and I laugh.

"Even they think it's funny."