Get Some Sleep...

One week later...

JUNE POV

It's been a week since that crazy Japanese whisky hangover I had, I've had nonstop headaches for three days after that. But that was yesterday so let's move on from that.

Rick's head drops down but he instantly jolts back up. Poor guy, he's been assigned to stay with me through the grave yard shifts since Monday.

I was alone for a while but someone managed to break in during the holiday so Waller assigned the best officers to watch over the archeologists that work overtime.

"You can sleep if you want." I tell Rick.

"Nah... Someone unauthorized might show up, I'll be fine." He assures me.

Maybe I should start a research where sleep deprivation connects to being drunk. Clearly he can't seem to speak very well.

I stand up and walk over to the coffee machine in my office. The smell of a fresh brew hits my nose, taking a cup, I pour in the coffee. Making sure I only put two sugar cubes in, no cream.

Walking over to Rick, he looks up at me.

"If you're not gonna sleep, then stay up with me." I hand him the coffee.

"Thanks." He takes the cup and drinks it.

I walk back to my desk and finish compiling the final few files that needed to be in their specific folders.

Thank god Waller gave me a bed in the squads barracks. At this time of day I don't think I wanna spend a few more minutes awake just trying to go home.

At this point the coffee is kinda kicking in because Rick is a little bit more lovely- lively! But I know him enough to know he's somewhat immune to the effects of coffee.

Suddenly I start to hear raindrops outside the barracks. The lights start to flicker.

I close my laptop.

"You're done?" Rick asks.

I him in response as I rest my head in my hands.

"Damn... You've been working on that since... Eight?"

"Seven." I yawn.

"What you're doing... It's not healthy at all... I don't wanna go home tonight." Rick blurts out.

"Neither do I..."

"Least there are beds in room behind the door."

We don't even move...

"Are we gonna move or not?" I ask.

"I'm waiting for you."

I stand up and stretch a little. Walking towards the door, Rick opens it for me not moving out of the chair he's sitting on. I stop in front of him and start tugging at him.

"C'mon colonel if you can take me to bed drunk, I'm sure you can do this."

"I took you to bed?"

"Well... I was on the couch before I passed out, next thing I knew I was on bed. I assumed you tucked me in."

Rick just stands up and follows me into the actual barrack. Floyd and Tatsu went home because they have family to go to, unlike Flag and I.

I step out of my heels and just set it near the door of my office. Rick's takes of his jacket.

Bright flashes hit my eyes as I look out the clear parts of the surprisingly durable tent.

Then it happens again, my eyes start to hurt and I have to take of my glasses to press the pain away.

Rick then walks towards the 'windows' and covers it. The only light is the lamp that's still open in my office and the occasional flashes that are not as intense.

"Get some sleep June..." Rick says as he sits on his bed.

We've been going around switching from first name basis to last name basis. After a while we decided to just stick to whatever sounded to us. Rick calling me June, me calling him Flag. June Flag... Has a ring to it- what the hell are you thinking Moone?!

"Only if you go to sleep too."

"What if-"

"Stop... I'm pretty sure no one would be crazy enough to get in here under that weather, besides they still have to go through some corridors to get here."

"Alright." Rick lies down on his bed and drops his weapons on the floor next to him.

One of the only few times Rick eases up.

"What about you? Are you gonna lie down?"

I don't answer just walk to my bed and lie down. Taking off my glasses and setting it to the nightstand and releasing my hair from its bun and letting flow down.

"See yah in the morning Flag..."

"See you too June."