Silent Night...

One week later...

JUNE POV

Ever since Rick told me about his parents, I can't help but feel a bit more drawn to him. Not out of sympathy, but out of admiration. How he was so sorry for lying to me about his parents, trying to keep a strong figure in front of his parents grave in front of me.

There was more to Rick... He wasn't like the coworkers I befriended through out the years, he's tough and soft at the same time. He knows when to be tough and when to let go and let it all out.

I'm filing files again into their proper folders and Rick states out the window next to him, watching the rain hit tent. It's been raining a lot lately, probably because there's a storm coming by soon.

It's one of those slow nights ... The quietest nights are the slowest nights.

I finish placing the final file in its folder, looking over at the time it's only 9:36.

I close my laptop, hearing it click. Rick looks over at me. I give him a small smile as I stand up and place my things into bag.

"You wanna go out?" Rick suddenly asks.

"Tonight?"

"Yeah... We don't really have to go someplace but we could hang at whoever's and drink some wine." Rick suggests.

"How bout... Your place, I don't think I've been there before."

"Alright... My place." Rick opens the door for me.

Taking an umbrella Rick opens it and holds it over us as we walk to the garage.

The ride to Rick's was long and quiet. Mostly me staring out the window and watching the rain hit the clear glass. Sneaking a few glances at Rick occasionally. Everyone's worried about him... He's been looking down lately.

We eventually stop at his place and get into his apartment. More like a flat given by the government.

Rick offers wine and of course I accept. We sip our drinks and I set my glass down on the coffee table.

"You alright Flag? You haven't been yourself lately." I start.

"I'm alright... Just uhhh drained."

"Overnight shifts."

Rick nods his head.

"Definitely not the healthiest things we've done throughout the week."

"Yep..."

"I'm sure there is more to this than just sitting around and drinking wine... What do you wanna talk about?"

Rick sips his drink. "Had to put some thought into it for a while... But I need someone to talk to bout my parents."

"You're starting to remind me of an old friend of mine..."

"Care to give me a name?"

"Wayne... I'm not really sure I haven't seen the guy since high school."

"Wayne... The rich kid in Gotham." Rick chuckles.

"Yeah I think that's him. Back to your parents what did you want to say about them."

"Just uhhh... How they..."

I don't say a word because I'm scared I might say something and fuck this up.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to." Why did you just tell yourself Moone! Don't say a damn word!

"I want to... If we're gonna work together might as well tell you."