Christmas Hangover...

RICK POV

I groan as I wake up in my bed. Opening my eyes, I realize that I'm not on my bed... Sitting up and looking around, I realize I'm in someone else's bed.

Someone stirs behind me, I look back and see June sleeping soundly behind me. My clothes are still on so drunk sex is out of the window.

"What the hell happened?" I run a hand through my hair.

I stand up and walk out of the room. Floyd is still passed out on the floor, Katana enters the washroom.

This isn't Floyd or Katana's place... Then again I never went to Katana's place anyway.

I look over at a collection of photos near the fake fireplace. A timeline of what looks like June from her younger days to current. Definitely June's place.

Might as well help June out the clean the place a bit.

I pick up the shot glasses and bring those to the sink. The empty whiskey bottle rests in the trash, Katana must've put it there last night.

I suddenly hear someone vomiting in June's room. Rushing in, June rests over the sink in her bathroom.

I walk over to June and pull her hair back and she vomits again.

"Take it easy..." I say.

"What happened last night?" June coughs out.

"I'm sorry but I'm just as clueless as you are... Well there was Japanese whiskey in the trash."

"Whatever that is... It's strong, fuck!" June vomits into the toilet again and then rests on the cabinet below the sink.

I flush the vomit down the toilet.

"Thanks..." June takes some toilet paper and wipes the vomit off her mouth.

I offer June my hand and she takes it, pulling her up she stumbles and I catch her. I wrap my arms around her and guide her out of the room.

"I'm sorry, I don't drink a lot."

"Just take it slow." I suggest.

"Oh we had a Christmas party." June says as she stares at the various Christmas decorations around the room. "Why. Does this place look a lot like mine?"

"Wow you are gone..." I laugh. "This is your place, you invited your parents over them us and we drank... At least that's what I think happened."

I set June down on the couch.

"Want water?"

"Yes please... This is so embarrassing, your my guest." June says.

I then walk back to her collection of photos, I the notice what looks like a high school graduation... She looks younger than the other graduates.

"How old were you when you graduated high school?"

"Sixteen..." She sounds shy about it.

"College?"

"Twenty-two."

"Damn..." A smile grows on my face.

"How bout you? I'm sure you went to military academy."

"Well much like you I got there at a young age because of Waller... I was nineteen. Six years later and I became one of the youngest people to claim the colonel rank."

"What did you have to do with Waller at a young age?"

"My dad used to work with ARGUS... So told my old man I wanted to be like him, never knew he would take it seriously. He had me talk with Waller and the rest is history."

I drop down next to June.

"When did you get your Ph.D.?"

"I was twenty-five... Guess you and I aren't very different about our careers huh." She laugh out.

Something about her laugh gives me a weird feeling. She is a pretty young woman and all but I guess working with her gives me some odd feelings.

I can only smile at her supposed joke.

Floyd the groans.

We look over at him.

"What the hell happened last night?"