Did He Just...

Later that night...

RICK POV

"I'll see yah tomorrow Flag!" Floyd hugs me before he goes home.

"Say hi to Zoe for me." I call out as he leaves the door.

"Yep!" Floyd suddenly looks back at me. "Just ask her out already!" He whispers.

I scoff as I turn and walk towards June's office. Opening a space big enough for me to enter I quietly sit down on the chair next to he door, trying not to distract June from working.

Every now and then I'd catch June taking nervous glances at me, afraid I'm about to do something wrong.

"Is there something bothering you?" I ask.

June looks up at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You have that nervous look on your face whenever I'm around."

She laughs nervously, which proves my observations further. But I give her serious look, I really want to know why she's nervous.

"You did something really... Really crazy." She nervously laughs out.

I groan as I out my face in my hands. "What did I do?"

"You were... Flirting."

"Oh god... I'm so sorry if I said anything stupid."

"It wasn't stupid just uhhh... Generic things you'd say when you flirt, nothing ass or chest related."

"I should be relieved but what did I say exactly?"

JUNE POV

"You said I looked like a queen, the usual things you say about queens." I kinda lie, did he call me a queen?

"Anything else?"

Well you did corner me and nearly kissed me.

"That's practically it, I was flattered but uhhh you were drunk."

"I guess I'm more honest when I'm drunk..."

What?

"I'm sorry?"

"I'm more honest when I'm drunk..." He repeats.

He's sober and he's flirting... Relax Moone, he's probably just teasing you. As much as I want him too- Dammit Moone!

He must see the pink on my face because he gives of a small laugh. A lovely sound, I mean who doesn't love the sound of laughing.

I'm an emotional wreck...

"You wanna go, dinner? You don't have to say yes-" Everything else that comes out of his mouth become jibberish, it practically him being as emotionally wrecked as I am.

Did he just ask me out? Rick Flag just asked me out?

This is too good to be true, I'm June Moone. The girl with the ex who cheated on me behind my back, labeled loser in high school and freak in college

RICK POV

"It's ok if you want to keep things professional-"

"Yeah." June stops my yammering.

"What?"

"Yeah, I'll go out with you." She laughs out, like I said before, this girl's laugh can really make one guy go nuts. 

"Friday?" I suggest.

"Friday's nice." She smiles.

We're just staring at each other now, June then coughs.

"I'm gonna continue now..." She laughs out lightly.

"I'll be around here..." I stand up and walk out of the door.

JUNE POV

Rick walks out of my office and what happens next almost kills me, him telling himself that he did it and not to fuck anything up. Under that patriotic self righteous soldier is a really sweet guy, hot one too... Fuck it the guy's practically a living dream! 

If he were still here I'd tell him that I fucked things up because I was to scared to kiss you when you got drunk... Then we'd wake up somewhere in Floyd's apartment, I'd tell you everything what could've happened in a heart beat.