Lady's Choice...

RICK POV

"What do you normally do on a second date?" I blurt out as I let the beer run down my throat.

"Let the lady pick the place." Floyd replies.

I look over at Katana, not trusting Floyd's semi drink state.

"Let the girl choose." She nods.

"Any idea on what she'll pick?"

Two days later...

"Never really took you for a club type!" I yell in the noisy club we just got in.

"I got sick of the quiet office! Like something loud for a change!" She yells back as we drop down in the corner booth, shots of whatever waiting for us on the table.

June takes her shot and looks over at mine.

"Someone's gotta drive you home tonight." I pass her the shot.

She's been eager to drink.

"Why so eager to drink?"

"Oh! I need to forget I'm wearing this shit!"

I look at her up and down, simply stunning.

"Why? You look good!" I tell her.

Through the neon lights, I can see her blush. A waitress passes by and collects our glasses, June takes the opportunity to take another glass and drink it down., she groans loudly as she hands the halls back to the waitress.

"Thanks! Wanna dance?"

"Sure!" I stand up and take her and and lead her to the dance floor.

Chainsmokers' Closer is played by the djay. Everyone is practically cramping themselves together.

June places her hands around my neck and starts dancing with the music. In other words just jumping and bouncing.

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover
That I know you can't afford

I wrap my arm around June and bring her body closer to mine.

Bite that tattoo on you shoulder

Our faces centimeters apart, lips brushing against each other.

Pull the sheets right off the corner of that mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older

As the beat drops out lips touch.

Two hours later...

A drunk June pushed us through the door as we make out in her apartment, I kick the door close.

June then throws off her jacket and jumps, I catch both her legs as I walk to her bedroom.

We both crash down on the bed, her body over mine. I pull away, she's drunk. I'm not sure if she can do this if she were sober.

"June you're drunk."

"So... You don't want this?"

"June you're a very beautiful girl, but I don't want you to do anything you'll regret." I slowly set her beside me on the bed.

"You think I'm beautiful." She smiles and leans on my shoulder. "I probably won't remember this in the morning."

Thinking of naked bodies sleeping next to each other... Yeah she's gonna remember.

"I'm pretty sure you will."

"You're no fun when you're sober..." June pouts. "You actually tried to kiss me when you were drunk, I was stupid enough to push you away."

What?

"When did that happen?"

"You being drunk? Floyd's party..."

"So that's why you were nervous around me back then."

"Yeah I was... I feel like I'm about to pass out, tuck me in?"

"How old are you six?" I joke.

"Twenty-five." Oh yeah, she's gone.

"Alright... I guess I can tuck you in."

I take her sheets and pull those over her. Walking away I feel a hand wrap around my wrist. I turn and look down on June's face, her eyes closed.

"You're not staying?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes."

I kick off my shoes and walk to the other side of the bed, slipping in between the sheets next to her.

"I wouldn't mind being with someone like you..." She quietly mutters. "You're really nice."

That's just the alcohol talking Rick... But she kissed you when we were both sober on our first date. I'm just gonna stay quiet...

"I'll see you in the morning Flag."

"I'll see you too..."