Christmas Eve...

Night of December 24...

RICK POV

I walk to my parents grave with a bouquet of flowers in my hand. Kneeling in front of my mom's grave I place the bouquet in front of her grave.

"Merry Christmas mom and dad..." I feel some water exit but I wipe those away immediately.

All those years... It's still hard for me to keep myself together. Damn it Flag you're a soldier!

I stand back up and just look down on the two graves, then start to walk back to my car.

Floyd and Katana, who's not in her usual get up, stand by my car.

"What's next Flag?"

"Usual shit... Grab some drinks and get wasted."

I then feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Thinking it's Waller I pull it out.

June Moone: Hi... Um I was thinking about this for a while, but I wanna invite you to my Christmas dinner. It's going on right now, very late I know. But if you do wanna come over bring the others... Be weird if I just invited you and my parents are here.

"Change of plans! We're going to Moone's Christmas dinner... Floyd behave yourself."

Floyd gives me the finger as he enters the back seat.

JUNE POV

I exhale nervously as I press send on my phone. Okay so I just invited my coworkers to my Christmas dinner. My parents don't mind whenever I just invite people last minute.

DING!

The oven finishes the Christmas chicken my family has almost every year. Putting the mits on and take the chicken out and put it on the plate.

"Merry Christmas!" I walk into the kitchen with a smile on my face.

"Merry Christmas!" My parents reply with same enthusiasm.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Must be my coworkers." Before I walk to the door, I remember what happened to Rick after I asked about his family last Friday. So I look back at my parents. "One of them, Rick, is kinda sensitive when it comes to family so please don't ask about that and Tatsu doesn't really speak English." I whisper.

I fix my hair before opening the door. Rick, Floyd, and Tatsu stand in the hallway. Rick holds a bottle of wine in his hand.

"Merry Christmas!" They say simultaneously.

"I brought red wine." Rick says.

"Nice, come in." I step aside letting the unit of operatives in.

"Merry Christmas Mr. & Mrs. Moone!" Floyd says.

Two hours later...

"My father was a former colonel in ARGUS, I looked up to the old man and decided to follow his footsteps to serve the country."

"Why aren't you spending Christmas with them?" My mom asks suddenly.

Oh shit... I look over at Rick, not only me but Floyd and Tatsu as well. Rick maintains his composure despite that sensitive question I've been avoiding.

"They're enjoying Greece." Rick smiles. "They've always wanted to go there, so I got two tickets and they're celebrating the holidays there."

"That's sweet of you." My mom comments.

"Boy's always had a soft spot for his parents." Floyd pats Rick's back.

We then start to hear someone's phone go off.

"Sorry." Rick pulls out his phone, gets up from the table and walk away from us.

Another hour later...

RICK POV

I stare out the window as the snow falls outside on the eve of Christmas.

"Flag!" Floyd interrupts my silence.

I turn to look at him.

"They're getting worried about you... It's not Waller isn't it."

I nod.

"Her parents are bout to go."

I then start to walk back to June's apartment.

As Floyd and I walk in June's parents envelope her in a hug, Katana smiles as she watches the three.

"Thank you for you service, all of you." June's dad tells us.

I take the hand he offers and shakes it.

"Anything for the country." I smile.

"Patriotic as ever." Floyd breathes out.

We watch June's parents walk out of the apartment and June closes the door, then awkwardly rests on it like her life depended on it.

"I didn't think you guys would make it."

Floyd, Katana, and I laugh a little. Katana then takes the gift box she brought and pulls out a Japanese whiskey.

June's eyes widen.

"It's a tradition for us to just sit down, talk, and drink." Floyd says.

JUNE POV

"I have glasses."

I walk into the kitchen, open the cupboard, and pull out four shot glasses.

Walking back to the living room, everyone sits around the coffee table. Tatsu sits on the lone sofa. Floyd rests in the floor, leaning on the couch. Rick behind him, leaving an open space for me next to him.

"So... What can we talk about besides work?"