Sick Day

Scott was sick.

He was so sick he physically couldn't get out of bed. Maybe he was being dramatic and maybe he was exaggerating but he was almost positive he was at deaths door.

Scott wasn't use to this, it was rare he got so sick he couldn't motivate himself to do anything. He had to cancel a recording session and reschedule an important meeting, something that's never happened in the 5 years he's been in the music industry.

The blonde was curled under his blankets with sweat pouring out of him despite the chill he felt. This was how Mitch found him when he got back from the morning Starbucks run.

"Hey Stephanie, I got your Starbucks!" Mitch called from the hallway.

Scott merely grunted in response, unheard by Mitch.

"Stephanie! There's a muffin here with your name on it, too."

No amount of coaxing would get Scott out of bed.

"Scott?" Mitch tentatively pushed open Scott's bedroom door. He was surprised when he caught sight of the lump shaking in the bed. "Scott? Are you okay?"

"Mitchy..." Scott whispered out, his voice escaping him.

"Oh scooter, you look like shit," Mitch announced as he pulled back the duvet to see his best friend.

"Thanks," Scott sniffed.

Mitch could tell Scott must be really ill because this was so out of character for him. The blonde was usually first up, coaxing Mitch to get out of bed with Starbucks and then no witty come back? It was unheard of. The back and forth insults were all part of their daily routine.

"What's up, babe?" Mitch perched on the edge of the bed, reaching a hand out to feel Scott's forehead. He didn't know why because he didn't really know how warm was too warm but it's what his mom always did when he was sick. "Oh shit, you're burning up!" Even Mitch could tell that was not a healthy temperature. "Okay, I'm going to cancel everything you have on today because there's no way you're leaving this bed."

"I already did that."

"Okay, good. Well I'll go get you some medicine, hold on." Mitch jumped up and was heading to the door in a flash. Scott never got this sick so Mitch had never had to care for him. The brunette on the other hand was constantly being cared for by the blonde. It was about time he paid him back.

"I've already taken some. I can't take more for a few hours."

"Right..." Mitch racked his brain for anything else you do when someone is sick. "I'll make some soup! Well, I can't actually make soup but I can order you soup. Chicken noodle is good when you're sick, right?"

"I'm really not hungry and it's only 9:30."

Scott was just not playing ball today. Could he not see Mitch was trying to help him and he was over there being all independent and caring for himself. The nerve.

"For lunch then. You'll need to eat."

Scott simply groaned at the thought of food and Mitch was happy he was now doing his part.

"Anything else I can get for you? Some lemon and honey tea? A hot towel? A cold towel? More water?"

Scott shook his head and pulled the blankets tighter around his fragile body. Mitch helped him out by tucking the white duvet under his body, ensuring no heat would escape.

"Okay, well if you need anything, anything at all, just text me. I'll be in the living room, okay?"

Mitch backed up to the door watching as the blonde's eyes fluttered shut, though his brows were still pulled together. He was almost out of the room when he heard his name being called. Well, called as loud as Scott could manage.

Mitch was back at his bed side in an instant. "Yeah, honey? What do you need?"

"Can you hold me?" Scott's voice cracked at the end just like Mitch's heart. Mitch had only heard Scott this vulnerable one other time in their entire 14 year friendship when he and his boyfriend broke up earlier this year.

Mitch tiptoed to the other side of the bed and lifted the duvet up behind Scott, slipping into the scorching heat. He shuffled closer until his chest was pressed against Scott's back. This was definitely a role reversal for the two, Mitch was never the big spoon.

Scott sighed contentedly and snuggled in closer to Mitch, enjoying the extra body heat he brought. The arm wrapped around his waist helped too, providing the comfort he was needing. Drugs were great but sometimes love was the best medicine. Sure, it wouldn't make him better but it definitely made him feel a whole lot better on the inside.

"Thanks, Mitchy."

"Of course, babe. You just get some rest." Mitch kissed behind Scott's ear where his music note tattoo lived.

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"I'll be here as long as you need me," Mitch assured drawing lazy circles on the blondes stomach.

"I'll always need you." Mitch pulled the giant boy closer feeling the added weight behind his words.

Mitch would always need Scott, too.