You Don't Deserve My Love - pt. 1

There's a lot of legal court talk and things in this which to be completely honest I have no clue about so sorry for any inaccuracies but it's all fiction anyway.

"C'mon, peanut."  Mitch took the little brunette girls hand and led her down the bleak hallway.  "Papa needs to meet with Mr Hatsfield but you're going to wait with Miss Layla, ok?"

"Yes papa, I know.  I brought my pencils and my colouring book.  Oh and mr bear.  He loves to colour.  Do you think miss Layla will like it too?"  Lily asked as she skipped alongside her dad.

"I'm sure she does, why don't we ask her?"  Mitch smiled at Layla as the duo rounded the corner.

"Ask me what?"  The woman had shoulder length brown hair that was always sitting just so and was only a little smaller than Mitch.  She was really great with Lily when Mitch had to meet with his lawyer and he was more than grateful for her in those moments.

"Do you like to colour, Miss Layla?"  Lily asked very seriously.

"Do I like to colour? It's only my favourite thing to do!"  Layla exclaimed.

"YAY!  Mr bear really likes it too, you'll probly like him."  the 4 year old grabbed Layla's hand and dragged her to the little table placed in front of the chairs in the waiting room.

"Mr Hatsfield is ready for you by the way, Mitch."

"Thanks, Layla."  Mitch took one last glance at his daughter before disappearing through the old wooden door in front of him.

The meeting went just as well Mitch expected, things were looking to be in his favour.  Custody battles tended to be a messy ordeal but he was grateful this was not the case for him.  He was more than happy for his ex-husband to see their daughter.  It wouldn't be fair to Lily to ban her from her dad.  After all it wasn't her fault he was a cheating bastard.

Mitch sighed with relief as he stood from his chair to shake Mr Hatsfield's hand one last time.  It would be so much easier to have the agreement in writing so Mitch doesn't have to deal with him anymore than he has to.   He could come collect Lily on Friday night and drop her off Sunday afternoon with as little interaction with Mitch as possible. However, his ex was fighting for every other week but due to his adultery, the odds were in Mitch's favour.

"-likes ice cream too,"  was the first thing the brunette heard when he exited his lawyers office.  Looking up, he saw the very last person he wanted to see right now and he had a long list of people.  But he was definitely at the very bottom only after the grim reaper and Donald Trump.

"Say goodbye to your dad, Lily.  We need to go."  Mitch said shortly marching over to collect the little girls things she had somehow managed to spread all over the little waiting area in the half hour she was there.

"But papa-" she started.

"No Lily, now please."

"Mit-" Mitch glared at the man who had been silently gawking at Mitch like a deer caught in headlights, effectively cutting him off.

"Daddy promised he take me and mr bear for ice cream!"  Lily whined.

"Well he shouldn't be making promises he can't keep."  Then under his breath, "but we all know how good he is at saying things he doesn't mean."  ...like I love you or I do. Maybe then we wouldn't even be in this position in the first place.

"I'll arrange it with your dad and I'll take you to get ice cream another day, okay princess?" 

"Buuuut daddy."